Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Stanton traded to Yankees for Castro, Guzman and Devers

Marlins fans should be giddy if we can make a trade for Stanton with the Dodgers, Cards, or Sox.  Quote me, this rebuild is going to look really fucking good by the end of the offseason.

The Marlins could potentially get some good prospects back in a Stanton trade but they would probably need to eat a lot of salary. Maybe I'm missing something but it doesn't seem worthwhile for the Marlins to eat a sizable portion in order to receive good prospects. Obviously the Marlins need young talent to rebuild, but should the Marlins really be "paying" (via trade) tens of millions of dollars to get good prospects in return? That just seems like a very risky move and probably not one that is value friendly for the Marlins.

It would be useful to receive some rumors on the dollar amounts (ie how much would the Marlins eat) in addition to the names of prospects being thrown around.

33 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Care to clarify more? 

Yeah, only thing I've seen is that rumored trade offer from St. Louis. Doesn't mention if fish are sending cash in it though.

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Yeah, only thing I've seen is that rumored trade offer from St. Louis. Doesn't mention if fish are sending cash in it though.

Does that rumored trade have any truth to it or is it a fantasy type of proposal by some one? I hate when they try and pass off someone's fantasy idea as a rumor with some basis. 

Just now, SilverBullet1929 said:

Does that rumored trade have any truth to it or is it a fantasy type of proposal by some one? I hate when they try and pass off someone's fantasy idea as a rumor with some basis. 

It says its from Phil Rogers at the top, he's a writer for mlb.com. Not sure if it was his idea though or an actual reported offer.