Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Rob Manfred: Marlins fans shouldn't be upset if Giancarlo Stanton dealt

I think all he meant was you can't blame new ownership for having to clean up the mess left by previous ownership even if it leads to difficult decisions. 

I fully understand what he meant. Still, his message falls flat. Why is he addressing the fans? We have every right to be angry with new ownership for "difficult decisions." Judging the way the last decade and change has gone, we have a right to be angry until the day new ownership delivers. 

As far as I'm concerned, new ownership hasn't shown me they know what they're doing, and they sure as hell haven't shown any acknowledgement for the fans or players. 

I have a hunch that Manfred would have strongly preferred Mas as owner.

Just now, el penguino said:

I have a hunch that Manfred would have strongly preferred Mas as owner.

Yeah and he just has to give the company line now.

10 hours ago, Dr Beinfest said:

As far as I'm concerned, new ownership hasn't shown me they know what they're doing, and they sure as hell haven't shown any acknowledgement for the fans or players. 

Yeah that's my biggest concern....it's pretty clear to me that Jeter is winging this, and he seems to be pulling a lot from Yankees org people. I wish he had some people in the organization besides Michael Hill who had some real experience and a proven track record.

Jeter's public attitude towards Stanton, where he hasn't even talked to him yet, is really telling

One thing to remember about Jeter........

Everywhere this guy goes people treat him like he is a God.  Do you think there is anyone on the planet standing up to Jeter saying, “uh, I don’t know Jeets, I think not reaching out for a 5 minute phone call with your MVP right fielder is a bad idea.”

no.