Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Why has Derek Jeter received so much hate?

Recommended Posts

Guest

Main reason for me is that he and his group are too poor to be owning this franchise. It seems like a vanity thing and if Jeter weren't a golden boy, Mas would have possibly gotten the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, el penguino said:

Main reason for me is that he and his group are too poor to be owning this franchise. It seems like a vanity thing and if Jeter weren't a golden boy, Mas would have possibly gotten the team.

Yeah I will agree that is pathetic that they are still looking for about $250 million in investors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

I think from a PR perspective Jeter has done a bad job. I was thinking there would be more transparency with the Marlins after the team was sold, seems to be almost the same if not worse. Who knows once the dust settles things will be a little better. Baseball-wise you gotta wait for the results. Tha albatross of contracts on this team sucks. Chen, Volzquez, Tazawa. Luckily the last two come off the books after this season.

But I don't think it is fair they are getting this much scrutiny, anyone that would have inherited this team would be going through the same thing.

this exactly.  the PR leaves something to be desired, but the amount of ridiculous hate he has gotten is so over the top.  You'd think he was tearing down a good team rather than a team that hasnt finished over .500 in nearly a decade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jokersgoon said:

Mas didn’t have the money either. 

there was not one person who was going to buy the team and not do some partial stripping down of the team.  No one is buying a business and being ok with losing millions of dollars every year right away and for the foreseeable future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mas would have had the advantage of having the proper business experience. But to say he wasn't going to do the same thing would be stupid. This group overpaid for the team and now is broke looking for more investors.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now buster olney, who im not sure why but seems to have an irrational hatred for Jeter, is criticizing him for not being at the winter meetings.  People do realize jeter isnt our GM or president of baseball operations, right?  He is the organization CEO and he has less than a 1% stake in the team, but he isnt making baseball decisions.  He might be giving general guidance as to the direction he wants Denbo and Hill to take the team, but this is just more irrational criticism of Jeter.  It would like being mad at Jeffrey Loria for not going to the winter meetings.  I'd prefer my owner to stay the hell away from the winter meetings or at the very least not meddle in the decision making of the baseball people.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fish20 said:

Now buster olney, who im not sure why but seems to have an irrational hatred for Jeter, is criticizing him for not being at the winter meetings.  People do realize jeter isnt our GM or president of baseball operations, right?  He is the organization CEO and he has less than a 1% stake in the team, but he isnt making baseball decisions.  He might be giving general guidance as to the direction he wants Denbo and Hill to take the team, but this is just more irrational criticism of Jeter.  It would like being mad at Jeffrey Loria for not going to the winter meetings.  I'd prefer my owner to stay the hell away from the winter meetings or at the very least not meddle in the decision making of the baseball people.

I stopped giving a crap what Olney even said about 5 years ago. He's not the reporter he used to be.

Jeter is basically gonna be texting Hill and Denbo and being kept informed of what is going on. I agree with him not meddling allowing the others do their jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone says how inexperienced Jeter is at owning a baseball team so isn't it smart for him to NOT be at the meetings and just let his actual front office do their jobs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

I stopped giving a crap what Olney even said about 5 years ago. He's not the reporter he used to be.

Jeter is basically gonna be texting Hill and Denbo and being kept informed of what is going on. I agree with him not meddling allowing the others do their jobs.

I like Olney, it's just his hate for jeter on twitter the last few days is ridiculous and misguided.  I dont understand how people think Jeter is making baseball moves.  Denbo and Hill are.  Jeter might be giving direction, but there is 0 chance he is actually doing anything of substance as far as making the actual moves themselves goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...