Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Why has Derek Jeter received so much hate?

I'd love to know why South Florida acts like they care so much when there's a fire sale if they are completely indifferent to the team every other time in between. It's been 5 years since the last thing that could even be considered a fire sale and the fans haven't supported the team since then right? So why NOW do they suddenly throw up their arms in outrage? It's ridiculous. 

26 minutes ago, el penguino said:

That's not the issue here. Trading Stanton alone isn't going to solve the deeply rooted financial problems that franchise has. Jeter/Sherman are too poor to own this team.

Perhaps. Nobody talks about Bruce Sherman though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Erick said:

Based on what's been reported about the negotiations, it seems pretty likely to me that the Jeter group would have been forced to drop their bid a long time ago if not for the "golden boy" angle. MLB seemed to give him more slack than he deserved and Loria adores anything Yankees related.

I don't give a shit if Mas would have traded Stanton or not. He certainly comes off as being more financially capable of running the club than the current group is.

5 minutes ago, Erick said:

Jeter is the face of the new ownership group. Also, Sherman probably doesn't get the team without Jeter.  FUCK JETER

If we’re comparing, Sherman is the new Loria. Jeter might be the “face,” but Sherman is the guy with the money (or lack of money).

• Like 1

I think this ownership group needs some more time to see what happens. 

I understand penguino’s viewpoint, but, so far, most fans are criticizing trades that were probably inevitable regardless of the ownership group.

Derek Jeter has willingly attached himself to the longtime laughing stock of MLB 

When the first thing you do as a part of the laughing stock of baseball is give the ok for a FIRE SALE (even if it’s justifiable) you’re going to get A LOT of shit for it. 

It’s really not hard to comprehend. 

• Like 1

Just now, SonOfJack said:

he just had a great press conference.  Everything he said was essentially spot on and encouraging for people wanting to see this team tear it down and rebuild the right way.