Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Why has Derek Jeter received so much hate?

I think there is a difference between the messaging that the team has said and the PR related to the team.  I think they have been beynd straight forward with the messaging, but the PR has been lacking related to it.  I think there is more they can do PR wise but i also dont blame them at this point because its a group of people who have never owned a team and dont yet have the feel for the region so i think they needed to take time to do that, which it appears they are.  Sometimes the answer is just that stuff like this takes time especially to people new to this community and dont know how the community views the team.

1 hour ago, EricWiener said:

He's not the owner, he happens to hold some ownership

I hope you see what a contradiction this is.

He is an owner, he's not the majority owner.

Not the managing owner. Loria was the owner, in the way people mean when they say owner, not those guys in Montreal with 5%.

Jeter is the CEO, that is a role where he can be out there talking, along with hill.  Just like Epstein and Hoyer are (to use the Cubs example). Instead, the Herald, which will always hate the Marlins, doubly so due to Sherman, defines the story.

2 minutes ago, EricWiener said:

Just like Epstein and Hoyer are (to use the Cubs example)

Epstein and Hoyer are not equal to Jeter. They are more along the lines of Hill and only Hill.