Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet1929

Part V: How Project Wolverine Can Work

12 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Funny how nobody rushed to post this one.

Nobody rushed to post Part IV either, tbh.

Basically the takeaway from that is that its already been stated on this blog these same ideas.  

It would literally take EVERY THING to go right and for the marlins to essentially hit on everyone from these trades and for their drafting abilities/player development to essentially improve overnight.

As long as Michael Hill is in charge, I remain skeptical.  

At least Barry mentioned the attendance boosting Latin music part of jeters plan.

21 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Funny how nobody rushed to post this one.

I just read the entire article. 

An amazing excercise in WHAT IF’s and MAYBE’S.  

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Nobody rushed to post Part IV either, tbh.

Basically the takeaway from that is that its already been stated on this blog these same ideas.  

It would literally take EVERY THING to go right and for the marlins to essentially hit on everyone from these trades and for their drafting abilities/player development to essentially improve overnight.

As long as Michael Hill is in charge, I remain skeptical.  

Who is debating they are going to improve overnight? The article even says 2020. You can remain skeptical (I am too), but it would be nice if the sky is falling narrative ceased. It's not as good as the rosey picture the Marlins want people to think that they have future 2/3s with a half dozen of their SP prospects, but it's also not as bad in thinking the entire farm is going to turn into a bullpen. I'm not sure how a 50% flame out rate equals they have to hit on everyone either. They are building in a margin of error. For instance:

Alcantara/Guzman

Rogers/Garret

Neidert/Peters

M. Gonzalez/Gallen

How about you let the season play out, see how the young guys do, we see what they get back when they inevitably trade the Castro/Straily/Bour/Barraclough/Dietrich/Conley/Prado/Ziegler/Tazawa/Rojas crowd (this is going to be another 10-15 guys coming in easy), see what they do in the draft, see if they sign international free agents for once, etc.

This time next year could look a lot different. And if everyone sucks, they can still blow out Yelich and Realmuto, get the top picks in the draft 2019/2020 drafts, and maybe that'll be the core everyone wants.

I just want to do what the Cardinals do and draft a ton of arms and develop them and trade them for bats and then win a little.

27 minutes ago, Michael said:

I just want to do what the Cardinals do and draft a ton of arms and develop them and trade them for bats and then win a little.

A little what?

Maybe being like the Cardinals and hacking the opposition might be our only hope