Sign in to follow this  
DTrain

Miami’s new Major League Soccer team

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I can't decide if I would rather this fail or succeed. 

What's the upside of it failing?

I wonder where they'll play the first (and inevitably second, with the shitty pace of construction down here) year. I wish it were FIU because it's an easy drive over, but it'll probably be Dolphin Stadium or w/e it's called now.

53 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

What's the upside of it failing?

None. But I'm completely basing my opinions as a die hard Marlins fan. I selfishly want it to fail to serve as another example of how bad of a sports city this is. Do I really want it to fail? No. But then again I'm not a soccer fan so I'm indifferent either way. Since I'm not truly an evil person then yeah I guess I'd more truly lean towards wanting it to succeed. 

On 1/30/2018 at 1:58 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

None. But I'm completely basing my opinions as a die hard Marlins fan. I selfishly want it to fail to serve as another example of how bad of a sports city this is. Do I really want it to fail? No. But then again I'm not a soccer fan so I'm indifferent either way. Since I'm not truly an evil person then yeah I guess I'd more truly lean towards wanting it to succeed. 

you sold your soul to Lawrry 

On 1/30/2018 at 1:40 PM, Entendu said:

I wonder where they'll play the first (and inevitably second, with the shitty pace of construction down here) year. I wish it were FIU because it's an easy drive over, but it'll probably be Dolphin Stadium or w/e it's called now.

There has been talk of them playing at different venues in 2020 to sort of showcase the team around So Fla.

So some matches would be played at FIU, some at Hard Rock Stadium, some at FAU etc.  

I think there’s a 75% chance they’ll sign one of Christiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi in 2020/2021.  

The color scheme is nice (and is gonna work best in soccer as opposed to any other sport)... the M logo is good because it's interesting yet still simple... the use of herons is unique and great...

But some of the explanations in the text are horseshit, like the circle represents unity? Come on, a circle is such a simple element it's in like 75% of all sports logos, why does it even need an explanation behind it? Same for the shield having three points and make that represent something. That's not special. Most simple shields have 3 points.

It's like a kid in my art classes presenting a drawing and saying "I colored the sky blue because it represents my sadness" ...the sky is already blue so it comes off as making up a BS reason  behind something that already is what it is.

15 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

It's like a kid in my art classes presenting a drawing and saying "I colored the sky blue because it represents my sadness" ...the sky is already blue so it comes off as making up a BS reason  behind something that already is what it is.

Every time you post represents my sadness.

On 9/5/2018 at 6:49 AM, SilverBullet said:

The color scheme is nice (and is gonna work best in soccer as opposed to any other sport)... the M logo is good because it's interesting yet still simple... the use of herons is unique and great...

But some of the explanations in the text are horseshit, like the circle represents unity? Come on, a circle is such a simple element it's in like 75% of all sports logos, why does it even need an explanation behind it? Same for the shield having three points and make that represent something. That's not special. Most simple shields have 3 points.

next time a kid the paint the sky blue smack him/her on the head

Vote went well on Tuesday. 

Now it’s up to the City Commissioners. 

In the meantime........

Mas said they are in negotiations with Hard Rock, Marlins Park, FAU and FIU to play games in 2020.  Mas said they will announce the site(s) of their  temporary home games within the next 60-90 days. 

Let’s go Inter!!