8/27 Reds at Marlins

Isan Diaz is going to be great (that double was clutch) but he makes mistakes base running that you normally see pre-high school kids make. 

OK, so, I'm gonna go on a mini rant here.

Yes, Isan was wrong for slowing down when he got close to third and assuming. That's bad.

However. Fredi literally just pointed at the bag. As the third base coach, he has to make a motion for Isan to get down. Isan was focused entirely on Fredi, which is what he's supposed to do, and since Fredi just pointed at third base, Isan took that to mean, "you're good, stop here." Fredi becomes Isan's guide on the bases once he rounds second, ESPECIALLY with the ball being in right center. Fredi got lazy there.

Your point remains, of course, I'm not going to take that away, he does need to cut down on the mistakes, and I believe he will next year - going through the struggles for this time up this season will do him well in the long run.

OK, so, I'm gonna go on a mini rant here.

Yes, Isan was wrong for slowing down when he got close to third and assuming. That's bad.

However. Fredi literally just pointed at the bag. As the third base coach, he has to make a motion for Isan to get down. Isan was focused entirely on Fredi, which is what he's supposed to do, and since Fredi just pointed at third base, Isan took that to mean, "you're good, stop here." Fredi becomes Isan's guide on the bases once he rounds second, ESPECIALLY with the ball being in right center. Fredi got lazy there.

Your point remains, of course, I'm not going to take that away, he does need to cut down on the mistakes, and I believe he will next year - going through the struggles for this time up this season will do him well in the long run.

I agree 1000%.  I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Fredi’s actions as Diaz was approaching 3B.