Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Predict the Opening Day 25-Man Roster

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I was so focused on Bour I missed those. Wow.

Yeah Bour is pretty large. He tends to block other people out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t play anyone important unless you have to.  Maybe someone can chime in on service time/super two/years controlled issues as it relates to Brinson’s call up last year, but I’m under the impression there is nothing to be gained by holding him back (correct me if I’m wrong).

C – Realmuto, Telis

IF – Bour, Castro, Cooper, Dietrich, Rojas, Anderson

OF – Maybin, Van Slyke, Ortega, Brinson

SP – Straily, Urena, Despaigne, Conley, Nicolino

RP – Barraclough, Wittgren, Ziegler, Tazawa, Diaz, Garcia, Steckenrider, O’Grady

 

Prado, Riddle, Chen (hahaha) forthcoming once healthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yeah Bour is pretty large. He tends to block other people out. 

are you fat shaming? u can't do that if your not fat yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quinton McCracken said:

Don’t play anyone important unless you have to.  Maybe someone can chime in on service time/super two/years controlled issues as it relates to Brinson’s call up last year, but I’m under the impression there is nothing to be gained by holding him back (correct me if I’m wrong).

C – Realmuto, Telis

IF – Bour, Castro, Cooper, Dietrich, Rojas, Anderson

OF – Maybin, Van Slyke, Ortega, Brinson

SP – Straily, Urena, Despaigne, Conley, Nicolino

RP – Barraclough, Wittgren, Ziegler, Tazawa, Diaz, Garcia, Steckenrider, O’Grady

 

Prado, Riddle, Chen (hahaha) forthcoming once healthy

Brinson only had 55 ab last year. Holding him until May would give Marlins another year of control

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opening day is 22 days away and there's still so many guys who can potentially make the roster. Assuming he has a significant influence on these roster decisions this is probably a nightmare for Mattingly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Brinson only had 55 ab last year. Holding him until May would give Marlins another year of control

Thank you

in that case hold Brinson back and put Jeremy Hermida on the opening day roster 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Erick said:

Brinson’s going to make the team.

Yea but he shouldn't. It's not what's best for the organization. Unless they plan on being really aggressive with pursuing an early extension with him. Which, to be honest, probably wouldn't be too hard to convince him to sign if the offer is fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yea but he shouldn't. It's not what's best for the organization. Unless they plan on being really aggressive with pursuing an early extension with him. Which, to be honest, probably wouldn't be too hard to convince him to sign if the offer is fair. 

Knowing he will be a free agent earlier impacts that buyout deal, so anyway you slice it, it is a stupid decision and costs them millions of dollars (literally).

It's honestly not just about Brinson either, it's about organizationally not understanding why it is important to preserve a year of control (or deflect a Super 2 deadline, etc.). The Cubs deflected Bryant. The Braves are going to keep Acuna down a few weeks to start this year. Brinson though? The Marlins apparently need to play Brinson in a 95+ loss season for 6 weeks, because they don't want to DFA someone like Austin Nola, who wouldn't even be claimed. That's fucking stupid.

I am all about rewarding players for good performances, but Brinson is the # 1 asset in the organization and he needs to be treated differently. Having him with the team before May 8thish or whatever is exponentially more egregious to me than any of the trade returns. However mad anyone reading this is about Stanton being traded, I am 10 times angrier about Brinson being on this team opening day. That move would be clear evidence there is a systemic problem with their operations, as this is an unforced error. Stanton had a big contract they had to move. This? Why the fuck is he up for 6 weeks this year and you lose all of 2024.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MarlinsLou said:

Knowing he will be a free agent earlier impacts that buyout deal, so anyway you slice it, it is a stupid decision and costs them millions of dollars (literally).

It's honestly not just about Brinson either, it's about organizationally not understanding why it is important to preserve a year of control (or deflect a Super 2 deadline, etc.). The Cubs deflected Bryant. The Braves are going to keep Acuna down a few weeks to start this year. Brinson though? The Marlins apparently need to play Brinson in a 95+ loss season for 6 weeks, because they don't want to DFA someone like Austin Nola, who wouldn't even be claimed. That's fucking stupid.

I am all about rewarding players for good performances, but Brinson is the # 1 asset in the organization and he needs to be treated differently. Having him with the team before May 8thish or whatever is exponentially more egregious to me than any of the trade returns. However mad anyone reading this is about Stanton being traded, I am 10 times angrier about Brinson being on this team opening day. That move would be clear evidence there is a systemic problem with their operations, as this is an unforced error. Stanton had a big contract they had to move. This? Why the fuck is he up for 6 weeks this year and you lose all of 2024.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.