Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Jeter Hires Warriors' Bowers as Marlins Business Chief

7 minutes ago, Jokersgoon said:

Jetes must be persuasive as hell to leave that cushy ass job. 

Chip may be a guy who enjoys a challenge for all we know. Warriors aren't a challenge, but Marlins sure are. He's also from Florida in the past so maybe he was looking to come back. I bet he's being paid less than Samson was paid.

He also got a promotion.  He was chief of marketing for the warriors and now he's president of all our business operations.  Also, being the head of marketing for the warriors is a job where you have to do nothing.

Did this guy actually do anything to build the successful Warriors of the last few years? Not that it matters but when I heard Golden State I thought maybe it meant something really good. 

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

This always irks me more than it should.

Also, did anyone see Mike Trout in the crowd during the Super Bowl and, not once but twice, the announcers referred to him as being from the California Angels? The Angels dropped the California part of their name in 1996, 22 years ago.

17 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Did this guy actually do anything to build the successful Warriors of the last few years? Not that it matters but when I heard Golden State I thought maybe it meant something really good. 

He did the marketing, secured naming rights for their arena but not sure what else. A team like that doesn't really need much marketing since their greatness speaks for itself.