Mattingly Extended

Was I one of the few that wanted Mattingly gone? I appreciate what he has done for organization and putting up with the shit show that was the previous regime but I wanted them to start over in the dugout. Honestly I just wanted Mel, Fredi and Trey Hillman back. Granted going through a rebuild the past couple years hasn't been easy and even 2017 was tough because the pitching was so bad.

I respect what Craig Mish says, some people seem to think that guy just puts up a wall and is like Joe Frisaro who talks crap to fans on Twitter but won't back it up. Mish has proven that he will say what he needs to say and be available to speak to the players or coaches about his comments. Don has done what he can with the roster and I truly believe his demeanor has been great for the club house but I was looking forward to a new manager.

Regardless of the fact I root for the team and not the names on the back. Congratulations to Donnie on his extension and also to Rojas. Really hope the Marlins front office can get the players they need.

But answer me this.. Does this mean Hill will stay too? I know there were rumors from Rosenthal that Hill could lose the title of President of Baseball Operations. But I just don't see that happening.

I think Hill stays for multiple reasons but this week they preached continuity and not deviating from the plan... keeping Mike Hill is more in line with continuity and sticking with the plan. 

and I will say something controversial, I hope he does stay. He's been much better overall (yes that yelich deal looks bad so far before someone says it) under Jeter and I think that proves he was being overruled and controlled by Loria. I'd like to see him continue to build this thing.

and I will say something controversial, I hope he does stay. He's been much better overall (yes that yelich deal looks bad so far before someone says it) under Jeter and I think that proves he was being overruled and controlled by Loria. I'd like to see him continue to build this thing.

Omg why do I agree? 

Seriously yes he's proven himself to me and I'd almost be afraid that a replacement could be worse. 

Omg why do I agree? 

Seriously yes he's proven himself to me and I'd almost be afraid that a replacement could be worse. 

how can you be 100% sure he was being over ruled by Loria , that's what he says now that loria is gone, i would say the same shit about my ex-boss to keep my job

how can you be 100% sure he was being over ruled by Loria , that's what he says now that loria is gone, i would say the same shit about my ex-boss to keep my job

Another guy asking for proof?

Haven't we gone over this thing enough? Seriously.

Nobody here is 100% sure of anything but we all have been following all of this pretty closely for, well, like forever, and we can only go over the evidence we have and compare it to all the reports and stories that have come out over the years.

And based on what we've seen there is strong evidence that Hill has been a better GM in his time under Jeter and Co compared to his time under Loria and Friends... don't think anyone can truly argue that. 

Yes we could all still be wrong and Mike Hill might be a total moron of a GM but it's getting reallllly hard to argue that Hill isn't better without Loria around. 

You choose what you want to believe but if I hear my window break and then I go over and I see a rock in the pile of shattered glass I'm gonna believe that that rock broke my window even though I didn't 100% see it happen.

Why is this concept so hard to understand? 

Another guy asking for proof?

Haven't we gone over this thing enough? Seriously.

Nobody here is 100% sure of anything but we all have been following all of this pretty closely for, well, like forever, and we can only go over the evidence we have and compare it to all the reports and stories that have come out over the years.

And based on what we've seen there is strong evidence that Hill has been a better GM in his time under Jeter and Co compared to his time under Loria and Friends... don't think anyone can truly argue that. 

Yes we could all still be wrong and Mike Hill might be a total moron of a GM but it's getting reallllly hard to argue that Hill isn't better without Loria around. 

You choose what you want to believe but if I hear my window break and then I go over and I see a rock in the pile of shattered glass I'm gonna believe that that rock broke my window even though I didn't 100% see it happen.

Why is this concept so hard to understand? 

did I ask for proof?

All I said stop being a brown nose agreeing with someone else like you know 100% sure Hill didn't do his job under Loria, 

Also I thought Hill declared that Loria meddle in trades if that's the case then it's clear what the mdeia keep saying.

did I ask for proof?

All I said stop being a brown nose agreeing with someone else like you know 100% sure Hill didn't do his job under Loria, 

Also I thought Hill declared that Loria meddle in trades if that's the case then it's clear what the mdeia keep saying.

And I've already explained it, I dont know 100% and never said I did. It's not brown nosing, its just happening to agree.