Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet1929

Will attendance be better than last year?

So will attendance be better?

Single-game ticket sales are ahead of last year’s pace and heading into Saturday when they went on sale, a team spokesman said they had sold more than double last year’s presale. Sales on Saturday at FanFest were well ahead of the first day of on-sale last year according to the Marlins.

From the Herald.

This came from "team officials" so the accuracy is debatable but I'm starting to think it's not out of the question that attendance could be "better" than last year even if it's only by a small margin.

For all the people who say they're not going to games anymore we already know they didn't even go to the games last year so they can't even be counted upon. For many smarter and more die hard Marlins fans, many will go no matter what and some might even go more because they actually do see hope in a rebuild at this point. If Jeter's plans to connect to the community and more local businesses works then that might bring more people through corporate and group events too.

Don't get me wrong, there are many who won't show up in 2018 just because the team is gonna compete for worst team in the majors but if you consider how low attendance already was and the way Jeter is trying to engage the community more... maybe attendance will actually rise?

So with the Red Sox and Yankees coming in there should a bump for the way fans, the Mets come in 3 times so there's a bump in attendance for those games, I guess you can add in the Cubs and yeah there might be a slight increase in attendance. I'd be more interested to see where season tickets are for this off-season compared to last. I can't see how this team will have better attendance.

34 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

So with the Red Sox and Yankees coming in there should a bump for the way fans, the Mets come in 3 times so there's a bump in attendance for those games, I guess you can add in the Cubs and yeah there might be a slight increase in attendance. I'd be more interested to see where season tickets are for this off-season compared to last. I can't see how this team will have better attendance.

They had piss poor season ticket totals in 2017 so it may not be difficult, even if it is improbable.

I could see this happening if the attendance for the cubs, yanks, and sox series are big and then the prospects we bring up midseason show some promise.  Only because the attendance last year was terrible.

1 hour ago, taiwanmarlin said:

So the people in the Miami really hate G,Bear,Yeli and Dee…

who's Dee?