Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Facial hair allowed

Players will be allowed to wear a mustache and-or beard "as long as it's well-groomed," Jeter said. "If you look professional, you act professional."

ESPN

Never understood why this mattered.  who gives a fuck.  if youre a businessman trying to attract clients or something like that i understand it in an office setting, but in a sports team setting?  Makes no difference.  

Guest CHRISTYTOD

I just hope they play good baseball. I don't care what they look like! 

32 minutes ago, fish20 said:

Never understood why this mattered.  who gives a fuck.  if youre a businessman trying to attract clients or something like that i understand it in an office setting, but in a sports team setting?  Makes no difference.  

It only matters because people like Hanley and Manny Ramirez took things overboard and look like homeless people with no care for their appearance and thus their job. I know it doesn't mean shit in reality but I agree with some limitations. Clean shaven is silly. Requiring the players be well groomed and have a certain dress code is fine in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

It only matters because people like Hanley and Manny Ramirez took things overboard and look like homeless people with no care for their appearance and thus their job. I know it doesn't mean shit in reality but I agree with some limitations. Clean shaven is silly. Requiring the players be well groomed and have a certain dress code is fine in my opinion. 

I guess.  What did hanley and manny do?  Have dreads? Id say their MVP level performance showed they cared quite a bit about their jobs.

33 minutes ago, fish20 said:

I guess.  What did hanley and manny do?  Have dreads? Id say their MVP level performance showed they cared quite a bit about their jobs.

I agree about the MVP level performance proving otherwise but appearance matters because these are public figures and representatives of their franchises. And with Hanley and Manny it wasn't the dreads as much as the unkempt facial hair and unbuttoned jerseys and overly baggy pants that seemed 3 sizes too big. They looked like unprofessional fools. They aren't the only two culprits either buy they are perfect examples. 

30 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I agree about the MVP level performance proving otherwise but appearance matters because these are public figures and representatives of their franchises. And with Hanley and Manny it wasn't the dreads as much as the unkempt facial hair and unbuttoned jerseys and overly baggy pants that seemed 3 sizes too big. They looked like unprofessional fools. They aren't the only two culprits either buy they are perfect examples. 

you sound like what people were saying about the fab 5 and their baggy pants.  Thats their style.  

46 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I agree about the MVP level performance proving otherwise but appearance matters because these are public figures and representatives of their franchises. And with Hanley and Manny it wasn't the dreads as much as the unkempt facial hair and unbuttoned jerseys and overly baggy pants that seemed 3 sizes too big. They looked like unprofessional clowns. They aren't the only two culprits either buy they are perfect examples. 

fixed it