Pirates fire GM Huntington

Admin

I don't know if I'd go that far. But these moves are certainly a step in that direction.

Jeff Loria at least spent money (stupidly and moronically, but at least spent money from time to time). The Pirates meanwhile refuse to do anything resembling a team that truly gives a fuck about winning time and time again.

This has been going on for a while if you paid attention.

Right, but I think the Marlins were given far more flak over the years.

Yea but I think his point is that the Pirates were just as dumb as the Marlins (arguably worse) but didn't get half the crap that the Marlins got for it.

Bingo

I hate agreeing with Silver. I need a shower now.

Loria would at least try to spend money at times. This fool in PIttsburgh cries poverty time and again, that presser or whatever it was yesterday was something else. Its the economic system of baseball that causes the Pirates to not spend money, and gives zero examples of why they cant spend money.

Like when Loria was a miser, its pretty easy to get an idea for revenues. The Pirates are making money unless they have some stupid debt somewhere that nobody knows about, and Nutting is just crying about without offering any reason for it.

If I were a Pirate fan, I'd rather have Loria, tbh.