Howie Kendrick?

36-year-old Howie Kendrick indicated that he intends to play one more season in the majors, according to The Athletic's Brittany Ghiroli.

Kendrick managed an .800 OPS just once in his first 10 years in the majors, but he's now gotten there three years in a row, including 2019's fantastic .966 mark. After struggling to find work as a free agent two years ago, he'll have his pick of offers this time around.

RotoWorld

• Like 1

I'd be afraid of overpaying in both years and dollars because of his good postseason but if he is looking for a short term deal then maybe he does fit here better than we first thought. Not sure why he would be looking for less though considering this looks like the perfect time for him to draw more than he ever expected going into 2019. Kendrick should be looking to max out whatever he can get and the Marlins shouldn't be the team to do that.

I'm hoping they don't waste money on him.

Exactly. The thought of upgrading our lineup with Kendrick sounds nice at first but there's a legit concern that he would be an extreme overpay for a guy who's production would likely be declining. Maybe these are extreme examples but it would be like our signings of John Buck, Heath Slater and Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

Exactly. The thought of upgrading our lineup with Kendrick sounds nice at first but there's a legit concern that he would be an extreme overpay for a guy who's production would likely be declining. Maybe these are extreme examples but it would be like our signings of John Buck, Heath Slater and Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

I would however appreciate them signing Castellanos since he's young enough to still be a contributing part of the team down the road as opposed to Kendrick.

154659204_HeathSlater.jpg.f3b06a4a94132e59734fe34c74fc0bad.jpg

Weirdest baseball card I've ever seen.