Sign in to follow this  
fish20

Is there any rational explanation for why Chen still hasnt gotten the surgery?

Frisaro in a reply to someone commenting on one of his tweets said that Chen is nowhere near ready right now and wont be ready for opening day with the same fucking issue he's had for going on the 3rd year.  If he would have gotten the surgery the second he needed it he would be nearly a year removed from returning from TJ surgery and we might have been able to make a playoff run last year with another quality SP.  Now, yet again, he is feeling elbow discomfort and still is trying to do the rehab thing.  How is this still going on 2 years later.  He literally suffered this initial injury nearly 6 months before Jose died.  Is there anything the team can do to make him get the surgery or is this just a guy who is gonna make his money and not make an effort to come back?  Ive always been a pro-player guy in almost all scenarios, but this is flat out ridiculous at this point.

This is something I have mentioned previously. Judging from the information I have read he is perhaps the most selfish player I have ever seen. Not only is his money guaranteed but he insists on not having surgery. I understand waiting the first time but when it came up again last season there was no reason to not have surgery. He could have been 6-8 months into TJ recovery at this point and hopefully primed to help this team for the final 2.5 years of his deal. Guess not. 

Chen (more than any other player in MLB) deserves to be booed at home during his outings.  He’s a disgrace to professional sports.

If you could get $10,000,000 to do literally nothing, wouldn't you?

There's got to be a way to nullify that contract because of this. He can't perform, and he's not making an effort to...

5 hours ago, Michael said:

If you could get $10,000,000 to do literally nothing, wouldn't you?

Yes, but it seems like he’s the only player who’s found a way to do this.

Any evidence that he rejected to the TJ surgery and it's not the decision from the front office to hold off the surgery !?

7 hours ago, DTrain said:

Chen (more than any other player in MLB) deserves to be booed at home during his outings.  He’s a disgrace to professional sports.

In this theory,every player with BIG contract that played bad or injured all deserved to be BOOED.