Sign in to follow this  
Silver Silver Bullet Mesa

Dimelo, Miami

2 minutes ago, Piazza31 said:

They even Darkened the Teal in the last few years and it just muddied the look.

Can you prove this? Not trying to be defiant because I know you know your uniforms well but so do I and you are literally the only person I've ever heard say this and you've said it several times yet I've never actually believed this or seen proof of this. 

I wanna say it's like a Mandela effect thing where the teal only seemed darker because the black just became more prominent over it. 

Care to back this up? 

56 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Can you prove this? Not trying to be defiant because I know you know your uniforms well but so do I and you are literally the only person I've ever heard say this and you've said it several times yet I've never actually believed this or seen proof of this. 

I wanna say it's like a Mandela effect thing where the teal only seemed darker because the black just became more prominent over it. 

Care to back this up? 

Interested to see the response to this.  I did a little looking around myself because I always thought it was what you suggested, that the minimal teal just washed away in everything else.  I came across this picture

https://marlinmaniac.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/86/files/2012/03/5559036.jpg

Call me crazy but I don’t think there are even teal accents to those scripts and numbers. 

A couple things regarding the old hats:

1. I really like the old F.  Is there any reasonable justification for using that again as the Miami Marlins?  I have yet to see any decent version of the leaping Marlins with an M.  I’ve tried a couple myself here and I’ve not been happy with any of them.  I’ve seen several online and none of them have been any good.  The Twins use the interlocking TC for Twin Cities.  What could the team put forth to justify just using the old F?  F for fish?  South “Florida”?  Seems like a reach.  Tampa/St. Pete uses a regional moniker for all their franchises (Tampa Bay), instead of an actual city or state name. 

2. I love the teal.  I love the teal hat.  The anniversary uniforms were outstanding.  I think they look incredible on the field.  I bought a 25th anniversary hat and I love it.  The problem with it though is that there is very little utility to it.  In other words, it doesn’t go with anything.  That could be a window into why that hat quickly fell out of favor.  Perhaps people just weren’t wearing it outside of going to games because it is so limiting for the consumers.  On the field though, it is really outstanding and they were insane for moving away from it because it is so damn sharp.

9 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

According to? 

Me?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

A real marlin can't make facial expressions so the "lifeless marlin" is a better option than an animated cartoon marlin which would look more like a minor league team mascot. 

I don't understand how it would look like a minor league mascot. Multiple teams have been using cartoony mascots. Look at the O's, the Mets, the Reds, the Brewers (the glove is pretty cartoony to me), the Indians. Those are mostly very old organizations.

I think it feels more like baseball than sticking a lifelike fish up there, especially since it's going to look like a dead animal. Any mean facial expression you give a fish will most likely make it look like a cartoon.

Edited by Entendu (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Interested to see the response to this.  I did a little looking around myself because I always thought it was what you suggested, that the minimal teal just washed away in everything else.  I came across this picture

https://marlinmaniac.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/86/files/2012/03/5559036.jpg

Call me crazy but I don’t think there are even teal accents to those scripts and numbers. 

A couple things regarding the old hats:

1. I really like the old F.  Is there any reasonable justification for using that again as the Miami Marlins?  I have yet to see any decent version of the leaping Marlins with an M.  I’ve tried a couple myself here and I’ve not been happy with any of them.  I’ve seen several online and none of them have been any good.  The Twins use the interlocking TC for Twin Cities.  What could the team put forth to justify just using the old F?  F for fish?  South “Florida”?  Seems like a reach.  Tampa/St. Pete uses a regional moniker for all their franchises (Tampa Bay), instead of an actual city or state name. 

2. I love the teal.  I love the teal hat.  The anniversary uniforms were outstanding.  I think they look incredible on the field.  I bought a 25th anniversary hat and I love it.  The problem with it though is that there is very little utility to it.  In other words, it doesn’t go with anything.  That could be a window into why that hat quickly fell out of favor.  Perhaps people just weren’t wearing it outside of going to games because it is so limiting for the consumers.  On the field though, it is really outstanding and they were insane for moving away from it because it is so damn sharp.

I had done this a while back in an attempt to mix the old and new logos:  I like 6 the best.  Not sure why I can't get it to display without having to click the link.

OhgM1I4.png

Edited by rmc523 (see edit history)

@THRILLHO Those uni’s you posted do have teal it’s just difficult to see because it blends in with the black and silver. I have several at home including game worn.

One thing I did like about that set was the silver sparkling fabric to accent the teal. The amount of black ruined it. The silver sparkle really reminded me of a fish and the way it sparkled. It had been teal outlined in the silver and black, probably much better.

29 minutes ago, Entendu said:

I don't understand how it would look like a minor league mascot. Multiple teams have been using cartoony mascots. Look at the O's, the Mets, the Reds, the Brewers (the glove is pretty cartoony to me), the Indians. Those are mostly very old organizations.

I think it feels more like baseball than sticking a lifelike fish up there, especially since it's going to look like a dead animal. Any mean facial expression you give a fish will most likely make it look like a cartoon.

It would feel minor league because it would start in 2019 or later, all those teams with good cartoon mascots have had them around for decades and decades. Suddenly throwing out a cartoonish marlin would feel minor league like the Jumbo Shrimp angry cartoon shrimp character and dozens of other angry cartoon minor league animals. 

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

It would feel minor league because it would start in 2019 or later, all those teams with good cartoon mascots have had them around for decades and decades. Suddenly throwing out a cartoonish marlin would feel minor league like the Jumbo Shrimp angry cartoon shrimp character and dozens of other angry cartoon minor league animals. 

Those minor league mascots are mimicking mascots in the major leagues. And we have seen a revival of these kinds of logos recently, so it's not like it's coming out of nowhere.