• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Michael

MLB the Show 18

WELL I reached World Series ranking in Ranked Seasons. Yeet yeet.

1 hour ago, Ocean Blue said:

Is online franchise a thing still?

Removed this year because they redid the server codes to improve online play and apparently didn't have time to redo everything for online franchise. It's "supposed" to be returning improved eventually but no word on when.

the fact that this game is still PS4 only really pisses me off as someone who likes mlb games and who foolishly got an xbox one instead of a PS4.  especially as a sport that has trouble attracting young people i have no idea why they are the only professional sport without a video game.

12 hours ago, fish20 said:

the fact that this game is still PS4 only really pisses me off as someone who likes mlb games and who foolishly got an xbox one instead of a PS4.  especially as a sport that has trouble attracting young people i have no idea why they are the only professional sport without a video game.

Because Sony is the one who got the license and they won't produce a high selling game for the competition. You're right about the problem but blame MLB for allowing Sony to get the rights to this. Actually I don't even think the rights are exclusively theirs anymore. If I'm not mistaken any company can now allowed to produce an MLB game for XBox but none have done so yet. I think someone will pick up the project eventually because it'll make money but the problem is that for many years it will be way behind The Show in quality. It'll always be playing catch up. 

22 hours ago, Ocean Blue said:

RBI Baseball was improved this year wasn't it? I remember articles about it.

Yes but the gap between the two games is still large in many many aspects. I guess which you prefer depends on what type of game you wanna play. There's room for both. 

My guy is mashing for the Jumbo Shrimps and still hasn't gotten called up. In fact, I think I'm being benched because I tried to steal second after they told me not to steal anymore (despite the manager telling me in game to steal). It's probably cuz I'm Hispanic.

Go to the Roster Vault and download OSFM Roster V1.5 from username Ridindwnkingsly (or something like that)... This will give you a full 90 man Marlins roster including many of the minor leaguers like Monte Harrison. Zero created players, all 90 players are real guys in our organization.

Every so often check the vault again for more updated versions of the roster but these are great.

Almost can't see how anyone can play the Marlins in this game (beyond random exhibition games) without using these rosters. The whole point of the Marlins now is building for the future so it's nice to have deep minor league rosters in The Show as well.