Homer is being rebuilt as promised

Admin

Yea but can you get inside the fence without a ticket to the game? If there isn't public access inside the fencing then this might still not be public art.

No. They started closing/locking the fence before last season. They must've not liked me walking around all the time haha. Unless they plan on shifting the fence back in this area.

I drove by the park on Monday. progress is being made on Homer, but as mentioned previously, it's behind the giant fence, which to me defeats the purpose of putting it back up for public viewing. I didn't stop to take a picture of what I'm talking about. The above photo shows it some, but doesn't give a good reference for the whole area.

• 2 months later...

This guy returns Opening Day as part of an art walk!*

*ignore that said "art walk" is behind an 8-10 foot tall fence and you can't get near it.

They said something about tourist sightseeing tours making the art walk one of their stops which makes me think there has to be a way in to see it because the tours aren't Marlins tours, those people won't be there for a game.

They said something about tourist sightseeing tours making the art walk one of their stops which makes me think there has to be a way in to see it because the tours aren't Marlins tours, those people won't be there for a game.

Well, maybe they'll reopen the gates once this opens then? Which to me raises the question of why build the massive fence anyway if they're going to open it every day?

Also, what "art" will be there aside from this? The fallen Orange Bowl letters?