Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Is there an exciting player in this organization?

Like, as a fan, is there anything to get excited about right now? 

I know we have some prospects, but, to start the year, they all look like they have bust potential. Their floors seem to be much greater than their ceilings. 

Maybe I’m just becoming negative which makes no sense since we all knew this year was going to suck, but this really feels like rock bottom?

Of the core players we’re supposedly building around, NONE of them are off to good starts except for maybe Bryan Anderson (is he even a core player for this franchise)?

I'm really excited about Joe Dunand and Riley Mahan in Jupiter.  They are both off to great starts.  Last years draft class might be thw best we've had in a long while.  

I'm also anxious to see how Peters and Richards progress in the majors this year.  I know they are made fun of on here but I think they are both very intersting prospects even if their ceiling isn't that of ace.

I haven't caught a Hammerheads game yet, but a buddy of mine did and thought Mahan was really impressive, I would like to see Guzman there. I'll also make a trip up see Harrison in Jax, but not super excited about any of these kids.

On a side note even though I was against his selection Josh Naylor leads the minors in Homers and is hitting almost .500

Bour is the only player worth watching on this team right now.  The prospects have ALL been underwhelming at the big league level so far. Behind Bour is probably Dietrich/Rojas/Anderson - and that says it all. 

1 hour ago, graycircle said:

Joe Dunand and Bobby Witt Jr next year (Generational SS)

we have Witt Jr? I remember when Witt Sr pitched for Texas