Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Is there an exciting player in this organization?

The exciting player in this organization is actually JT Realmuto.

It just seems like a forgone conclusion that he eventually gets traded so it’s difficult to get excited about him. KEEP JT!

Guest CHRISTYTOD
1 hour ago, Hotcorner said:

disappointing that Adam Conley isn't getting it together.  Ugh.

Totally disappointing. The fact that he is ok with being down in the minors is the most disturbing element.  Where is the drive there? Where is the passion?  He is one of the biggest letdowns IMO.

36 minutes ago, CHRISTYTOD said:

Totally disappointing. The fact that he is ok with being down in the minors is the most disturbing element.  Where is the drive there? Where is the passion?  He is one of the biggest letdowns IMO.

He had mid rotation guy written all over hm a few years ago.  He regressed big time, and rumor is that he is an issue with the coaches (cant remember if its attitude or unwillingness to be coached, but its something like that).  Totally dissapointing but im surprised they havent tried him out of the pen yet, because thats what he was in college and he might be able to have his stuff play up better going full effort out of the bullpen for an inning.  I think he has potential to be a brad hand type who is effective out of the pen.

Guest CHRISTYTOD
10 hours ago, fish20 said:

He had mid rotation guy written all over hm a few years ago.  He regressed big time, and rumor is that he is an issue with the coaches (cant remember if its attitude or unwillingness to be coached, but its something like that).  Totally dissapointing but im surprised they havent tried him out of the pen yet, because thats what he was in college and he might be able to have his stuff play up better going full effort out of the bullpen for an inning.  I think he has potential to be a brad hand type who is effective out of the pen.

I remember when our announcers compared him to Chris Sale. That lasted about 5 seconds, of course, but at that time, I was so excited about him. I thought he was going to be a great pitcher for the Marlins. I guess sometimes these things just don't go our way.

Conley had a decent half season when he was given his first real shot which gave all of us hope.  I know someone else said it but I too think he'd be decent in the pen as a max effort kinda guy.  I'd rather he get run out there to see what he can do than see either Tazawa or Ziegler out there again.  No point in running those dudes out there.  Bite the bullet, eat the salary, and get them the hell off this roster.

I know this isn’t an exciting player submission, but the last seven days provided an exciting week for us fans.  The team went 4-2 and won back to back series.  JT is back from injury and is playing like a man possessed.  Prado is back.  Brinson is still playing like a person that should be in triple A but he isn’t getting dominated to the same degree that he was at the beginning of the season.  Tayron Guerrero is providing electric relief appearances.  Dan Straily returns tonight.  Then there is the last six starts from the rotation.  In each case the starter gave the team an opportunity to win the ballgame. 

table.png.4113ee9e4bf0388a8965e219f76b4836.png

On 4/24/2018 at 9:28 PM, graycircle said:

Austin Dean 

I thought the stat of Austin Dean hitting .420+ this season and if he was to go 0 for this next 30 at bats he would still be hitting .300 is pretty incredible.