Yasiel Puig?

[MEDIA=twitter]1210966342033170436[/MEDIA]

You see, these Mish tweets sometimes feel completely opposite of what everyone else is saying about the team. If this team is really gonna add either Puig or Dickerson and still adds even more offense beyond that I don't think any Marlins fan can really complain because these are significant upgrades for us.

But it seems like we still gotta wait and see if this actually happens or not.

The more Mish tweets these things out the more anxious I get for the answers.

• Like 1

Safe to say Puig won’t be happening with the news on Dickerson. He likely didn’t want to settle for a short deal or wanted more than they believed he was worth. Smart move to pivot to Dickerson if that’s the case though.

I was down with Puig coming here but there's a chance this was really the better move. I think either is a solid pick up for us.

Now I'm curious about the Mish tweet this morning saying they could still add after this move. Where else could they even realistically add offense to this team now?

Marlins are still the fifth place team in division even with this move. There are many many moves that could be made to improve the ballclub.

Marlins are still the fifth place team in division even with this move. There are many many moves that could be made to improve the ballclub.

This is a common misunderstanding, but the records from the previous season do not carry over to the next year. While the Marlins may finish in last place in 2020, they will have to earn that right anew in the coming season. Not even Spring Training losses will count towards that effort.

• Like 1

I know but after this move they would start eliminating guys who are supposedly penciled into the starting lineup like Rojas Anderson Alfaro Diaz etc. So realistically there aren't many other moves they could make that wouldn't dramatically affect that.

• 3 weeks later...