Sign in to follow this  
DTrain

04-22-2018 Marlins at Brewers

4 hours ago, canada-marlin24 said:

Nice outing by Smith but my god is Dietrich horrible in left. 

Bour and Dietrich cost the team two runs. 

I guess this team is just making the mistakes that are rebuilding team makes. The games that they get close in and they just find a way to lose. 

The thing is that Bour and Dietrich are veterans, they shouldn't be making the rookie mistakes. 

And to think for an extra 3.5 million they could have had Yelich in the OF. Instead they have Brinson and Maybin. Never made sense.

16 minutes ago, Marlino said:

And to think for an extra 3.5 million they could have had Yelich in the OF. Instead they have Brinson and Maybin. Never made sense.

Yelich asked to be traded. They did want to keep him, had nothing to do with salary. And if they had Yelich they'd have a win or 2 more (maybe).

46 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Yelich asked to be traded. They did want to keep him, had nothing to do with salary. And if they had Yelich they'd have a win or 2 more (maybe).

Just because Yelich asked to be traded doesn’t mean they had to trade him to be fair.

They just liked the return I think. 

9 minutes ago, Erick said:

Just because Yelich asked to be traded doesn’t mean they had to trade him to be fair.

They just liked the return I think. 

Yeah but re-read what Marlino said. He implied it was for financial reasons which it wasn't.

So, you think they traded Yelich because he asked to be traded?  If so, why didn't they trade Realmuto. 

They obviously traded Yelich for financial reasons. 

5 minutes ago, LHPMarlin said:

So, you think they traded Yelich because he asked to be traded?  If so, why didn't they trade Realmuto. 

They obviously traded Yelich for financial reasons. 

Cause they didn't get a fair offer for Realmuto. They felt the offer for Yelich was fair.

It obviously wasn't for financial reasons.

1 hour ago, Marlino said:

We're rebuilding. A bad season with Brinson in the outfield gives us more hope for the future than a bad season with Yelich in the outfield. 

We just need Brinson to figure out what he can and cannot swing at. He has till mid may. He doesn't have to start to hit, he just has to reduce his swinging strikes. 

Our team is still the best defensive team in the league, Dietrich isn't a left fielder but it is somewhere on the field he might be most effective. Plays like that will happen in exchange for his bat. Bour is a first baseman, I do not expect any excellence in defense from our first baseman. As long as he continues to hit, I don't really care about his subpar defense.

This game for me was awesome! Smith showed that he can pitch well without walking everyone, but he still has a HR problem. If we have any plan for him to be a long term starter he needs to reduce HR's significantly AND keep the walks down. I like him, but I don't know if he will figure it out.