Sign in to follow this  
Bret Hart

Infinity War

On 7/26/2018 at 10:36 AM, Uncle Leo said:

Thanks. I watched it a week ago. One of my friends I went with got tired of waiting for the 2nd scene after the end credits and looked it up on his phone and was like "dude, let's go. It's stupid" and I was like "don't you dare!" and I shook my finger at him very threatening like. And then when I saw it... yeah wow. haha. Waiting 5 minutes to see an Ant playing the drums. Sigh. I gotta say though... *SPOILER* I can't believe Ant-Man was left inside meanwhile all 3 of Wasp, Pym and his wife were all disintegrated... one of them couldn't remain? How the eff does he get out now. Anyway. Really looking forward to Captain Marvel

Yeah, I'm with you - normally the second scene (if there is one) may not be a huge thing, but it normally gives something in the way of hints or foreshadowing - this was stupid, just showing the ant playing the drums like you said.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how he gets out.  When is Captain Marvel out?

49 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I'm with you - normally the second scene (if there is one) may not be a huge thing, but it normally gives something in the way of hints or foreshadowing - this was stupid, just showing the ant playing the drums like you said.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how he gets out.  When is Captain Marvel out?

Captain Marvel is out next March. 

There's actually been quite a few stupid post credit scenes the last few years. They used to both be good and add something to the movie. It used to be something extra for the movie that just ended plus something teasing a future movie. Now one good scene and one silly one is starting to be more common. 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Captain Marvel is out next March. 

There's actually been quite a few stupid post credit scenes the last few years. They used to both be good and add something to the movie. It used to be something extra for the movie that just ended plus something teasing a future movie. Now one good scene and one silly one is starting to be more common. 

Yeah, it seemed to me that the template used to be:

Scene 1 - teases something to do with the sequel to whatever movie was just shown

Scene 2 - teases something in the general MCU

If they're going to continue to be something like this Ant Man & Wasp one, I won't stay for it.  Or if anything, make the funny one the first one and "reward" the people for staying until after the credits with an actual teaser.