Sign in to follow this  
Erick

The Keep JT Realmuto Thread

Just now, Will_To_Live_ said:

Idk if there is a trade talk thread but there should be

There was a general one around the deadline but if you'd like to start a separate thread about a possible Realmuto trade then go right ahead. Usually we prefer separate threads for specific topics instead of one mega thread for a general topic. 

11 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

There was a general one around the deadline but if you'd like to start a separate thread about a possible Realmuto trade then go right ahead. Usually we prefer separate threads for specific topics instead of one mega thread for a general topic. 

Should I create like a "Winter Meetings Trade Talk" (due to that time being the most likely people get dealt) thread and talk about a couple guys or just one for each possible trade candidate? i wouldnt wanna clutter the front page with just a bunch of similar type threads

8 minutes ago, Will_To_Live_ said:

Should I create like a "Winter Meetings Trade Talk" (due to that time being the most likely people get dealt) thread and talk about a couple guys or just one for each possible trade candidate? i wouldnt wanna clutter the front page with just a bunch of similar type threads

Way too soon for winter meetings, I'd make a specific thread for whoever you wanna talk about. Don't worry about the clutter, it doesn't really happen as you would expect. 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Way too soon for winter meetings, I'd make a specific thread for whoever you wanna talk about. Don't worry about the clutter, it doesn't really happen as you would expect. 

I'll wait till we get closer anyways, things are really slow right now obviously.

52 minutes ago, Will_To_Live_ said:

I feel if you could land 2 top 50 prospects then you consider it, paying him isn't what we want in all honesty. Keeping the payroll low till we are actually near contending should be the plan. If we got offered the Robles Kieboom (younger brother) package I feel we should've taken it, hell I would've thrown in Kyle (when he was on fire) for another prospect to even it out.

You have to start paying someone sometime, though.  All depends on what's offered back.

On 9/6/2018 at 8:48 AM, SilverBullet said:

But I feel like we always end up back in the same place, regardless of what the thread was about...

Edited by cyoung (see edit history)