Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Erick

DFA Junichi Tazawa

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I hope it's not Jeter forced Donnie to use those two fucking garbage and didn't want to DFA them due to the high salaries…

In a way yes its absolutely this. How long he sticks with them at this point is a completely different story though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he'll be gone soon.  it's a sunk cost at this point.  Ziegler can go to for all i care.   the 2 single dumbest signings relative to our expectations for what they would be in marlins history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fish20 said:

the 2 single dumbest signings relative to our expectations for what they would be in marlins history.

Maybe. I think they were just reflective of Loria "going for it" when he shouldn't have been "going for it." Then again, that might be exactly what you were getting at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Maybe. I think they were just reflective of Loria "going for it" when he shouldn't have been "going for it." Then again, that might be exactly what you were getting at. 

Loria agreed to pay money for the team to try to be competitive last year.  They go out and get Tazawa and Ziegler.  I refuse to blame that on Loria. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest CHRISTYTOD

OMG this guy is horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LHPMarlin said:

Loria agreed to pay money for the team to try to be competitive last year.  They go out and get Tazawa and Ziegler.  I refuse to blame that on Loria. 

There was an article explaining how this all went down. Ultimately it did all come down to Loria and his directions. He wanted them to go big after a super bullpen with Kenley Jansen, Chapman, and/or Melancon... when those options fell through the next level was Tazawa and Ziegler and the Marlins got both. Even if Loria didn't specifically say who to get, the directive to get them came from him, I'm still putting this one on Loria. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

There was an article explaining how this all went down. Ultimately it did all come down to Loria and his directions. He wanted them to go big after a super bullpen with Kenley Jansen, Chapman, and/or Melancon... when those options fell through the next level was Tazawa and Ziegler and the Marlins got both. Even if Loria didn't specifically say who to get, the directive to get them came from him, I'm still putting this one on Loria. 

the sad part is they believed adding these two made the bullpen "great" lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are important details and you can’t pick and choose which ones to run with.  OK great, Loria wanted to spend money.  But there has to be a point where the owner needs to pull back on a “spend at all costs” directive if the market isn’t bearing any worthwhile players.  Was he in there demanding free agents even after the productive major leaguers had all signed elsewhere?  You need all the ingredients.  You need an owner willing to spend, baseball operations that know how to identify the talent, and willing participants that want to come.  We get all the hearsay, but what it boils down to is a front office wide malfunction that spent too much money on bad players.  Loria is partly to blame.  Baseball Operations is partly to blame.  You can’t blame players for not wanting to come here, nor can you blame players for taking contracts offered to them.  I like a good Tazawa joke as much as the next guy, but of course he’s going to take contract offers until they stop coming in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LHPMarlin said:

Loria agreed to pay money for the team to try to be competitive last year.  They go out and get Tazawa and Ziegler.  I refuse to blame that on Loria. 

i do.  spending money foolishly on guys who were clearly bad signings at the time for multi year deals for the sake of spending money is the absolute epitome of bad ownership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.