• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
THRILLHO

Countdown to 25th Anniversary Weekend

15 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Do imgur images not show up in posts here?

I've seen people post images but don't know what sites they use. I clicked the link anyway, I really like the bottom row.

With the 25th anniversary being so heavily promoted, I've been continuously reminding myself of how much sexier the pre-2003 uniforms, colors, and logos looked in comparison to the 2012-present rebranding.

I'm really surprised that Loria, as an art dealer, thought that the rebrand set looked remotely attractive. I've shown photos to graphic designers who know nothing about baseball and couldn't give two shits about the Marlins, but they unanimously have told me about how sloppy the set is. The road grays and orange hats in particular (color combos aren't harmonious and look "noisy") have stuck out as poor choices. And I tend to agree. The home white jersey is actually quite boring; it's actually not colorful enough with the script. The hat logo was always comically too large. And the logo as a whole looked like something you would see on the letterhead of an insurance company.

To each his own and I know there are plenty of people who don't mind or even prefer the rebranded uniforms (of course you have that right), but I couldn't be more excited for the inevitable and hopefully imminent rebrand. I also couldn't be more excited that orange appears to be kicked to the curb by the new ownership group. I personally think that the Marlins have the worst uniform/logo set in all of baseball.

I think it's only a matter of time before we see a rebrand.  And with them using the teal/old fish on the 25th patch, I won't be surprised to see them revert back to the black/teal - that's why I tried to modernize the fish and pair it with the current M (I tried creating an M in the old F font, but it didn't look good at all).

If they do that, I wonder if we'll see the outfield walls become teal again too?

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

If they do that, I wonder if we'll see the outfield walls become teal again too?

Would make sense.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

I am counting it down..........I have always despised these newer colors

Minervini doesn't know how to curve a brim

Personally, I think a lot of people like the teal better and want the teal back because it reminds them of a better time in Marlins history.  

The Marlins have made the playoffs twice.  Both times in teal.  And they won it all.  

It’s been pure pain and suffering since the new uniforms were introduced. 

I like the new uniforms better but it’s becoming more apparent to me that I’m in the minority. 

6 hours ago, DTrain said:

Personally, I think a lot of people like the teal better and want the teal back because it reminds them of a better time in Marlins history

You’re wrong at least with me. I wanted teal back right away when they first announced the new look. I’ve never liked this look and I thought the look leading up to it was bland.

When the 2012 uniforms came out I thought it was going to lead to a lot of creative options for selling merchandise.  That never happened.  The logos and marks were never developed any further past the initial offering (aside from what the league puts out for every team...holiday hats etc).   They also lacked an interesting primary logo. Using the hat logo as the primary is weak IMO.  The original primary logo with the leaping marlin over the baseball was awesome.  Every team should have one.  The Mets skyline logo is a good example of a solid primary.  The cardinals had a single front facing bird standing on a bat juxtaposed over a baseball.  Also solid.  2012 era marlins merchandise was just the Art Deco M placed on various colored shirts and hats