• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
THRILLHO

Countdown to 25th Anniversary Weekend

23 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

The Rays 20th anniversary hats aren’t true to the original but it is extreme and apparent to even an untrained eye 

FC30C1C7-71DC-4D1E-B072-A15B8745E0F9.jpeg.5b1b330e6182f62e073c4b0750e8e243.jpegD42F04A2-9568-4D89-87D9-549EDE961418.jpeg.e6adea8f8ab0c9da46281b4f0f0fc3d9.jpeg

21 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I like the updated look on the fish hat, not so much on the Rays one.

The Rays cap isn't meant to be like the original. It purposely adds a yellow outline to the 1998 logo on a cap that is the light navy blue of the current Rays caps. It's meant to be a clash of the 2 eras, it isn't meant to be a 1998 replica. The Marlins fashion cap that has the current logo on a teal cap is more in line with what the Rays were trying to do with this cap.

The Marlins cap is supposed to be a 1993 version so it "should" be accurate to 1993 even though I agree with @SonOfJack that the updated one is technically an improvement. 

18 hours ago, el_gmac said:

Off centered logo was done by Sports Specialties that's the brand the Marlins used in 93 not New Era.

and @SilverBullet1929 that's not the hat that it will be used at the game. That's the stupid retro collection badly done.

Ahh... I knew it wasn't the exact one but I thought the errors were the same so I thought the pic I used still showed my point but good to at least see the fin fixed. 

They are going to leave the hat on the field? Won't the umps make them take it off?

4 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

They are going to leave the hat on the field? Won't the umps make them take it off?

Gives new meaning to the term "authentic on-field gear".

9 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

it's covering a sprinkler 

Gods I hope they go back to this. Even if they just switch the F to a M just bring back the logo and the colors. So much better then the current one.

Every internet discussion about uniform redesign includes some random dude constantly posting some terrible design he  came up with.  Said Guy reposts the design at every turn.  It’s awful. I run the risk of being that guy but the cap logo I posted in the Dimelo thread is fairly uncontroversial.  It’s essentially the M from the batting practice hat without the upcurve.  It bears close resemblance to the font used on the original F.  Honestly though if the Twins can have a TC on their cap then I don’t see any reason why the Marlins have to have an M. 

36C989B4-6801-4BA2-A887-6506A2B19616.thumb.jpeg.b2cb4ee3dfe58f2dff120e729d49d346.jpeg

• Like 1