• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
THRILLHO

Countdown to 25th Anniversary Weekend

12 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Dimelo thread is fairly uncontroversial.

Speaking of that thread, did the Marlins stop asking for input on the new look?

53 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I haven’t noticed any polls in quite some time.   Maybe they got a consensus and moved on to other topics.   Maybe the Dimelo intern went back to school for summer session 

4 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I haven’t noticed any polls in quite some time.   Maybe they got a consensus and moved on to other topics.   Maybe the Dimelo intern went back to school for summer session 

Maybe they finished up the new look and submitted it for 2019.

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Maybe they finished up the new look and submitted it for 2019.

that would be awesome.  

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

1 hour ago, THRILLHO said:

They probably got all the information they needed from fan polls and have moved on to more concrete steps with things like focus groups. I doubt they were planning to need fan polls at every step of the process. That was probably a gathering of information period. 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

They probably got all the information they needed from fan polls and have moved on to more concrete steps with things like focus groups. I doubt they were planning to need fan polls at every step of the process. That was probably a gathering of information period. 

Stop raining on my parade.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Stop raining on my parade.

Wasn't trying to.

I loosely hope they've submitted it for 2019 too but I was just mentioning that the online polls themselves were probably just preliminary research.

I mean, if they ONLY did a few online polls and then went and designed the uniforms based on that alone we may be in some serious trouble. Remember how many of the questions weren't definitive enough to answer because of all the variables involved. 

For what its worth, I think they already finished the new look before polling the fans. I think they just did that to make it seem like they were letting the fans have a voice in it. I could be wrong but that was my thought on it.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

For what its worth, I think they already finished the new look before polling the fans. I think they just did that to make it seem like they were letting the fans have a voice in it. I could be wrong but that was my thought on it.

Interesting take. Maybe a little of both? Maybe they had a preliminary idea in mind, then polled the fans, then made tweaks and/or multiple options, then from there presented the ideas to focus groups for feedback to then finish off the process before submitting it?

Either way it's getting exciting thinking what might be coming. I don't hate the current look but I'm ready for a rebrand. 

Edited by SilverBullet1929 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The team seemed to take a very flexible approach to how deep they were going to go into the whole anniversary celebration, especially when compared to Tampa Bay and their 20th.  Tampa Bay released full uniforms prior to the season, put merchandise up for sale (online too), and had dates set in advance of the season for when those uniforms would be worn (I believe three separate series).  By the time they had done that, the Marlins had just released the rendering of what their patch would look like.  Little by little more came out from the Marlins regarding their anniversary celebrations.  We saw the patch on a uniform for the first time on opening day.  A few weeks ago the started showing us the hat with the logo.  Information about other anniversary related things trickled out during the year.  I wonder if they also used the polls to get an idea about how enthusiastic people would be about it and adjusted their plans accordingly.

Just a thought.  Obviously none of this has anything to do with the full rebrand down the road.  I don't think it would be inappropriate to trot out the throwbacks again this season for a weekend series later this summer.