Marlins Sign Pat Venditte

Michael

"Oh I wasn't going to go when the game was 3 hours ,but now that it's 2 hr, 55 min let's go!!" said no one ever! lol

This has been my problem with the whole thing since the beginning. Yes some games last way too long but all their research keeps coming back saying that they can shorten games by 5-10 minutes and I don't see how that makes any difference so all of this becomes so stupid. It's not like they can cut an hour off of game time.

I'm already ready for a new commissioner to come in and immediately say that they're dropping this stupidity from day one.

This has been my problem with the whole thing since the beginning. Yes some games last way too long but all their research keeps coming back saying that they can shorten games by 5-10 minutes and I don't see how that makes any difference so all of this becomes so stupid. It's not like they can cut an hour off of game time.

I'm already ready for a new commissioner to come in and immediately say that they're dropping this stupidity from day one.

I think they just extended Manfred, though. Should there be a strike, though, that could be an impetus for change.

I feel like "pace of action" would be more understandable than "pace of play" with everyone thinking "we need shorter games!" If a game is 3.5 hours but there's baserunners every inning, about four to six runs a side and pitchers consistently getting out of jams (and less strikeouts), I feel like people would be fine with that.

It's all this "homer or nothing" action that ruins it and makes even a 2.5 hour game seem boring.

• Like 1

I agree with that Michael. A game with lots of action/runners, etc. is exciting, and people can be into it even if it's long.

Game 6 of the 2011 World Series. Different situation of course but that game had action from start to finish. One of the best games ever seen I'd say.