Marlins "Clubhouse" cap

Sorry about posting on a topic that is probably considered a "beating a dead horse" topic (and from a Cardinals fan no less), but I just returned from my in-laws place in Ft. Lauderdale and then saw these so my mind has been thinking a bit more about the Marlins this week.

While I'm not usually a big fan of the rubbery logos on caps, I saw this new Marlins cap and thought it stood out much better than the current on-field caps. While most of these "clubhouse" caps looked crappy to me, I think the Marlins cap looks good. I still wish they would find a way to make the on-field caps stand out more. I attended a Cards-Marlins game in St. Louis last season and on the HD scoreboard the Marlins logos/colors looked fantastic. It saddens me that it doesn't look as amazing on the field.

thumb.aspx-3.thumb.jpeg.4c2ab80f3b6419346c398f92b4a40b2d.jpeg

thumb_aspx.thumb.jpeg.84748425dac194beb94276b910638aa2.jpeg

Yeah when you see the way the Marlins logo looks in the ideal situation when it looks exactly the way it's intended to look then it looks phenomenal and you kinda "get it."

Hey, that was exactly my reaction when I saw the black jerseys in person for the first time! I didn't love them at first, since they lacked any real contrast and were hard to read, but at the first home game I went to last year, I walked by someone wearing one, and I literally said out loud, "Oh shiiiiit!"

Some designers somewhere got their wings on that day.

• Like 1