Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet1929

25th Anniversary Weekend is finally here...

They are going all out. Even using the proper helmets instead of getting cheap like some teams and using the regular helmets on throwback night. This game looks so right. Fricking awesome looking

I love all the details.   They even put lines on the advertisements to mimick the “flip” and boards that would rotate between advertisements.

Have they done anything different with the sound system this year?  It’s very echoey....I don’t remember it being that way in the past.

The teal clock on the left field board looks awesome

I was there tonight. 

The teal clock did look awesome on the left field board.  

The uniforms didn’t look as bad as I thought they would.  But I do get annoyed when I hear people say our current home whites are terrible; they’re not, you just like the teal better. 

I was expecting 5,000 or so more fans than what showed up.  Still a big crowd for the Padres vs the dismantled Marlins.  And the dismantled Marlins won.  Caleb Smith’s pitching (and his hit) was awesome. 

All in all a good night.  

Yeah I was hoping there’d be a bigger crowd but it was still a decent turnout - much better than other games I’ve seen (not that that’s saying much).

I plan on going on Sunday, wanna see the softball game and hopefully Luis Castillo is at a station. I thought the uniforms looked incredible and the attention to detail on all the stuff they had going on today.

6 hours ago, CYmarlins said:

I plan on going on Sunday, wanna see the softball game and hopefully Luis Castillo is at a station. I thought the uniforms looked incredible and the attention to detail on all the stuff they had going on today.

Luis Castillo was at an autograph station last night.

15 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

They are going all out. Even using the proper helmets instead of getting cheap like some teams and using the regular helmets on throwback night. This game looks so right. Fricking awesome looking

The helmets looked great but were inaccurate. Teal helmets with teal caps or black caps with black helmets. Never worn both at home. And for 1993 it should have been teal helmets.