• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

25th Anniversary Weekend is finally here...

On 6/11/2018 at 3:40 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

This right here is the part that gets me riled up with all these people who refuse to support the 2018 team when they had no problem supporting Loria and all his shit.

People said they hated Loria and wanted him out and now Jeter comes in to clean Loria's mess and suddenly everyone hates Jeter? 

Except Jeter didn't listen to people and just added to the mess by pissing off fans even more with the way they blew up the team. On top of that he was pretty oblivious to the fan backlash (or just ignored it). I'm not sure who in their ownership group thought they would accomplish anything by nuking the roster 2 months after buying the team. It signaled to the remaining fans here that we were going back to the Loria days of blowing up a team when it got too expensive. This was the largest roster rebuild this team has had since arguably 1998, because at least when they did it in 2005/2006 a lot of the players were able to immediately contribute. Whereas so far, nobody we acquired in the various offseason trades has shown much of anything. Brinson in particular has been having a historically awful season at the plate, and he was one of the better talents acquired.

26 minutes ago, FutureGM said:

It signaled to the remaining fans here that we were going back to the Loria days of blowing up a team when it got too expensive.

Maybe that's what it signaled to you but that's not what it signaled to me.

The 2017 team wasn't blown up just because it was expensive. It was blown up because it sucked and because it wasn't realistically going to get any better. Why wasn't it going to get better? Because it was expensive is only one reason along with because there was no real farm system nor organizational depth behind it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Maybe that's what it signaled to you but that's not what it signaled to me.

The 2017 team wasn't blown up just because it was expensive. It was blown up because it sucked and because it wasn't realistically going to get any better. Why wasn't it going to get better? Because it was expensive is only one reason along with because there was no real farm system nor organizational depth behind it. 

You can’t reason with these people.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

You can’t reason with these people.

I’d like someone from the anti rebuild crowd to give a good well thought out explanation of a good alternative.  I’m not taking about some vague shit like one or two pitchers.   I want names.  Realistic names.  Most importantly i would like to know what they think would have been a better way to improve to state of our 30th ranked minor league system.  

Edited by THRILLHO (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hilariously Yu Darvish has been battling injuries, has an era+ of 84 and a 4.80 FIP. For all the shit Chen gets on this board, Darvish is pitching about as effectively as Chen did last year 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I’d like someone from the anti rebuild crowd to give a good well thought out explanation of a good alternative.  I’m not taking about some vague shit like one or two pitchers.   I want names.  Realistic names.  Most importantly i would like to know what they think would have been a better way to improve to state of our 30th ranked minor league system.  

Multiple people have asked for that, they never get a real answer.

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Another thing.  When someone includes “jeter didn’t listen to the fans” with their complaints on roster construction that is the alarm that tells me the person taking is completely delusional. Name one franchise on the planet that manages player personnel by referendum. It’s an insane complaint and any GM that would allow themselves to be influenced that way doesn’t belong in that position

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Even Jeter himself asked for it. Its pretty funny. From the guy at the top down to us we keep asking and never get an actual answer. 

• Like 1