Quijada and Garcia DFA'd

It's been said multiple times that they still believe in Conley and want to give him another chance. We don't have to agree with it but it's what's been said so it's not a mystery why they keep Conley.

For whatever reason they were more comfortable losing Jarlin than losing Conley.

• Like 2

It's been said multiple times that they still believe in Conley and want to give him another chance. We don't have to agree with it but it's what's been said so it's not a mystery why they keep Conley.

For whatever reason they were more comfortable losing Jarlin than losing Conley.

Yeah I understand that. And who knows.....Conley's been pretty good his last two even numbered seasons. Maybe a bounce-back year for him. Still. Jarlin Garcia.

My issue with losing Jarlin isn't that they kept him over Conley.

My issue is that, if I'm not mistaken, they now only have two lefties on the 40 man roster. If anything seriously ruins the seasons of Conley or Tarpley (injuries and/or underperformance) then who do they turn to next? Both Jarlin and Quijada were supposed to be the depth options for lefty relief and that is now most likely gone.

• Like 1

My issue with losing Jarlin isn't that they kept him over Conley.

My issue is that, if I'm not mistaken, they now only have two lefties on the 40 man roster. If anything seriously ruins the seasons of Conley or Tarpley (injuries and/or underperformance) then who do they turn to next? Both Jarlin and Quijada were supposed to be the depth options for lefty relief and that is now most likely gone.

I believe Hill knows that so I'm much wondering what he would do to fix it.

Pick a charity. If Jarlin is better, I'll donate $20 to your choice. If Conley is better, you donate $20 to my choice.

Deal? (Let's use xFIP)

xFIP isn’t the right metric to decide who had a better season.

xFIP isn’t the right metric to decide who had a better season.

What would you recommend? I know xFIP isn't perfect, but it at least eliminates a lot of the things the pitcher himself can't control. I am starting to prefer SIERA, but I'm honestly still learning how it works.

What would you recommend? I know xFIP isn't perfect, but it at least eliminates a lot of the things the pitcher himself can't control. I am starting to prefer SIERA, but I'm honestly still learning how it works.

Welcome to the Erick experience. Just claim something and don't back it up or give reasons as to why. Lol

Welcome to the Erick experience. Just claim something and don't back it up or give reasons as to why. Lol

Jarlin Garcia had a 4.74 xFIP last year. He did not pitch like a 4.74 ERA pitcher.

I don’t disagree that Conley might have better upside because he has more swing and miss stuff so @SongInTheAir could be right at the end.

But xFIP is a metric, not necessarily a run prevention stat to determine who had the better year. The metric doesn’t include quality of contact either, which was the main reason for Jarlin’s success last year.