Sign in to follow this  
DTrain

Is Dietrich getting traded at the deadline?

On 6/25/2018 at 7:38 AM, THRILLHO said:

I have enjoyed Dietrich this season but I do look forward to the day he is traded.  The naysayers will cry out “Jeter!  He’s tearing our team apart”.  And “why should we come back now”.  Nobody puts asses in seats like Derek Dietrich.  I want to meet the people that have Dietrich as the straw the broke the camels back on their marlins support 

The Dietrich fan club in section 31 will be upset.

2 hours ago, Entendu said:

We can certainly get a B prospect for Dietrich.

We need a baseball prospect, not a B prospect.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Michael said:

We need a baseball prospect, not a B prospect.

Well, if you get a B prospect, then you just need "aseball" prospects

• Like 1

As an aside to this discussion on his value, Dietrich is an indirect last man standing from the big Blue Jays trade from November 2012. Even though it wasn’t technically a three team deal, the fact that Yunel Escobar was flipped less than a month later for Dietrich kind of makes him part of that trade haul.

11 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Well, if you get a B prospect, then you just need "aseball" prospects

You right.

7 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

As an aside to this discussion on his value, Dietrich is an indirect last man standing from the big Blue Jays trade from November 2012. Even though it wasn’t technically a three team deal, the fact that Yunel Escobar was flipped less than a month later for Dietrich kind of makes him part of that trade haul.

Yeah, you are correct. I think the trade happened two days later, actually. I remember it being really quick.

I do wish he had gotten more playing time back in, say, 2014.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Yeah, you are correct. I think the trade happened two days later, actually. I remember it being really quick.

I do wish he had gotten more playing time back in, say, 2014.

That trade still bothers me. There was a lot of talent that came our way. We just decided to trade that talent away for less talent.  Most of the players we got our in the major leagues. And some of them are succeeding. 

1 minute ago, 97marlin said:

That trade still bothers me. There was a lot of talent that came our way. We just decided to trade that talent away for less talent.  Most of the players we got our in the major leagues. And some of them are succeeding. 

Hechavarria - eh whatever

Escobar - flipped for Dietrich [yay now]

Alvarez - that arm done fell off

DeSclafani - doing OK with the Reds, traded for Latos [bleh]

Mathis - well, I mean, the CENTERPIECE of the trade, of course

Marisnick - if we had ever moved Stanton to first base, imagine the outfield of Yelich - Marisnick - Ozuna *drool* - but of course part of the Cosart trade, which also got us Enrique Hernandez, who now does pretty well against lefties in LA, which was part of the Dee Gordon trade, which also got us Miguel Rojas, and Dee of course ... well that Mariners trade hasn't finished off yet has it?

Nicolino - meh, could have had Syndergaard

So I mean ... a push at this point? I don't even know.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 97marlin said:

We grabbed the wrong talent from the jays, thats what bugged me. Syndergaard, D'Arnaud, and there was another prospect that moved later that would have been great in that deal. Instead we got Nicolino, Marisnick and some other toss ins that burned us.

Could you imagine a young rotation anchored by Noah, Jose, and three members of this board.

Jesus!