I know this is going to sound stupid but I miss those guys from a few years back like Stanton and Yelich and not just because they were good players But they looked like fun guys to be around. I know I’ve backed off the last season or two and don’t know much about most of the guys we got now because they have been so interchangeable. I’m ready for some real stability.

I really miss the guys from 2009 when I first started watching. Cantu, Uggla and Coghlan. I’ve got some attachment to that time. Maybe that needs to be an own thread but it just got me thinking.

I know this is going to sound stupid but I miss those guys from a few years back like Stanton and Yelich and not just because they were good players But they looked like fun guys to be around. I know I’ve backed off the last season or two and don’t know much about most of the guys we got now because they have been so interchangeable. I’m ready for some real stability.

I really miss the guys from 2009 when I first started watching. Cantu, Uggla and Coghlan. I’ve got some attachment to that time. Maybe that needs to be an own thread but it just got me thinking.

To be fair, I think there's several guys now who could be "fun" for fans to get attached to when they've created some stability here.

This actually was a point brought up on the local radio this morning how the Marlins don't have any stars now but the hope is that these players grow into becoming stars along with being on a winning team which is what the last group of Marlins "stars" never had.

To be fair, I think there's several guys now who could be "fun" for fans to get attached to when they've created some stability here.

This actually was a point brought up on the local radio this morning how the Marlins don't have any stars now but the hope is that these players grow into becoming stars along with being on a winning team which is what the last group of Marlins "stars" never had.

Oh I completely agree. It’s probably hard for most fans, myself included to get attached when almost anyone on the roster is expendable (to a higher degree then years past at least) but a lot of that has to do with who’s going to pan out.

Talked about it alittle in one of the Jersey threads. I want a New Jersey but you really don’t have anyone to throw on it. Anderson is the leading choice.

Oh I completely agree. It’s probably hard for most fans, myself included to get attached when almost anyone on the roster is expendable (to a higher degree then years past at least) but a lot of that has to do with who’s going to pan out.

Talked about it alittle in one of the Jersey threads. I want a New Jersey but you really don’t have anyone to throw on it. Anderson is the leading choice.

Yeah, when I got my blue one, I didn't put a name on the back. If there would've been a name to put on it, it would've been Anderson.

Yeah, when I got my blue one, I didn't put a name on the back. If there would've been a name to put on it, it would've been Anderson.

Yeah it sucks because I actually like the font and numbers on this style compared to the last set.

That's when I started to really get into the team also. That team was so much fun. I remember there was a point when the whole infield had at least 20+ HRs. I think that's when the team had like 80 wins.

There's a reason why, for any jersey I've gotten with the name on the back, it's been my own surname.

I'm not getting traded away or released from the team, so I know it'll hold its value.

If anyone is looking for game issues authentics, a legit dude on eBay is selling different players for around 89.00 each. I’m finally going to grab one I think. Just don’t know what style I want. If only the blue had the wordmark and the ball sleeve patch. Such a wasted opportunity

That's when I started to really get into the team also. That team was so much fun. I remember there was a point when the whole infield had at least 20+ HRs. I think that's when the team had like 80 wins.

They all had at least 25 that year. And they were 1 short of all having 30. Jacobs, Uggla, and Hanley all had at least 30, and Jorge Cantu ended up with 29. And I remember he hit a ball in San Francisco that would've been out for his 30th, but it hit the top of the surfboard of the chevron car on the wall - had the Chevron car not been there/the wall been flat/even with the rest of the wall, he'd have had it.

• 3 weeks later...