• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
taiwanmarlin

2020 or 2022

Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2018 at 2:35 PM, SonOfJack said:

Summer Schooled.

I guess I'll be the one sneaking in liquor in a water bottle.

Am I allowed one or three? Aquafina only right? Can't remember.

Well, if I drink one I'll see three atleast.

Edited by Piazza31 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Piazza31 said:

I'd love to see us announce reduced concession pricing next year.

That membership thing for the A's is...interesting.  If I'm understanding it right, whatever plan you get (10, 20, 40, etc. games), those tickets are guaranteed/reserved in whatever seat you got, but you have access to the remainder of the season's games, and those tickets are general admission (probably the outfield or something)?  At parks with low attendance - and yes, I get this is to increase attendance - wouldn't everyone buy the 10 game plan and then just come to the other games and move to where they sat before without paying for it?  I guess they're just happy to get people in the stands both for image and they can make concessions on them.

I wonder if we'll see us do something like that too?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I'd love to see us announce reduced concession pricing next year.

That membership thing for the A's is...interesting.  If I'm understanding it right, whatever plan you get (10, 20, 40, etc. games), those tickets are guaranteed/reserved in whatever seat you got, but you have access to the remainder of the season's games, and those tickets are general admission (probably the outfield or something)?  At parks with low attendance - and yes, I get this is to increase attendance - wouldn't everyone buy the 10 game plan and then just come to the other games and move to where they sat before without paying for it?  I guess they're just happy to get people in the stands both for image and they can make concessions on them.

I wonder if we'll see us do something like that too?

Bingo...

You pay for a 10 game plan, but have access to all 81 games as a general admission/ standing room only.

When you want to use a seat, you take one seat from your plan and you get a seat.

Hope this is like the Monthly Ballpark pass they had, where you pay to get in to every game.

In the Athletics case, its admission to a upper deck section called the "Treehouse".

For us, it should be either the upper deck- or the budweiser bowtie bar area.

1 minute ago, Piazza31 said:

Bingo...

You pay for a 10 game plan, but have access to all 81 games as a general admission/ standing room only.

When you want to use a seat, you take one seat from your plan and you get a seat.

Hope this is like the Monthly Ballpark pass they had, where you pay to get in to every game.

In the Athletics case, its admission to a upper deck section called the "Treehouse".

For us, it should be either the upper deck- or the budweiser bowtie bar area.

It's interesting that it's for all 81 (well, 71) games.  It'll be interesting to see how this works.  Wouldn't be totally crazy to try it here as a way to get people in the door, though I'd worry about backlash if they take it away later.

I would definitely buy one of those season pass things.

Just now, Entendu said:

I would definitely buy one of those season pass things.

Yeah, if I can flexibly go to any game I feel like (I assume the base 10 would be set games) and move around as is customary at Marlins games, it sounds like a good deal.

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, if I can flexibly go to any game I feel like (I assume the base 10 would be set games) and move around as is customary at Marlins games, it sounds like a good deal.

Actually- the base 10 is whatever games you decide- before a game or the day of. You don’t have assigned seats- you just get assigned a seat when you say you want July 31st to be one of your games for example. 

13 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

Actually- the base 10 is whatever games you decide- before a game or the day of. You don’t have assigned seats- you just get assigned a seat when you say you want July 31st to be one of your games for example. 

Oh, I didn't understand that.  So basically they could put you anywhere - wherever they want to assign you?  Or I wonder if you buy it for a certain section for those 10 games?   Because otherwise, isn't that what they do for the other 71 games?  Oh you showed up, you're in seat ## in the outfield.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Oh, I didn't understand that.  So basically they could put you anywhere - wherever they want to assign you?  Or I wonder if you buy it for a certain section for those 10 games?   Because otherwise, isn't that what they do for the other 71 games?  Oh you showed up, you're in seat ## in the outfield.

Correct, you don't have seats assigned. When you arrive they find an empty seat and assign it to you but there's no set section. It's pretty great. Ten years ago when I didn't have a family I'd have immediately bought this. Ideally I could still get it today and still get a great value even though I'd use it much less.