Blue jerseys to remain exclusive to ST/BP

Admin

I still think it's a massive mistake to relegate our most unique color to a BP/ST only jersey.

Inter Miami did the same exact thing; they had the opportunity to have a completely unique color to the league - pink - and made it nothing but a small accent color and went with black and white uniforms.

Everyone says they're too plain but that's ignoring the fact that they were created to be for BP from the beginning so they were always meant to be more plain than a regular game jersey.

As a BP jersey, they're perfect.

My issue with that and I’m getting nerdy here about why theres a difference to me. These jerseys have a retail version and authentic version. The authentic version retails for the same price as the game jerseys. Everything official I have seen such as MLB shop and other retail sources list this jersey as an Alternate and not BP.

If you look at the history of MLB Bp jerseys in modern times, the league has a standardized version that all teams adhere to and they seem to rotate every three years or so. The current version At least until 2019 is the 3/4 zip which, i concede, The marlins don’t seem to have at the moment that I can find. I believe we had one in the old logo. I dont remember seeing anything with the Nike takeover about BP jerseys so maybe they did away with the BP Style as a whole, doubtful since they like money,

But to me the blue jersey was originally marketed as an alternate and priced as an alternate which is why I’d say it’s plain. I tried to go back through and find a press release to see what they initial said but can’t seem to find it.

My issue with that and I’m getting nerdy here about why theres a difference to me. These jerseys have a retail version and authentic version. The authentic version retails for the same price as the game jerseys. Everything official I have seen such as MLB shop and other retail sources list this jersey as an Alternate and not BP.

If you look at the history of MLB Bp jerseys in modern times, the league has a standardized version that all teams adhere to and they seem to rotate every three years or so. The current version At least until 2019 is the 3/4 zip which, i concede, The marlins don’t seem to have at the moment that I can find. I believe we had one in the old logo. I dont remember seeing anything with the Nike takeover about BP jerseys so maybe they did away with the BP Style as a whole, doubtful since they like money,

But to me the blue jersey was originally marketed as an alternate and priced as an alternate which is why I’d say it’s plain. I tried to go back through and find a press release to see what they initial said but can’t seem to find it.

You're over thinking this.

The Marlins have always said it was only for BP, they've never said it was a regular game alternate.

You can't make much of what the shops list it as because that's not official from the team. For example I've seen the Yankees navy BP jersey listed as a game alternate online too but there's no way the Yankees ever designated it as a game alternate. Also the 2012 Marlins orange cap was listed on the MLB shop as the road cap and that was never the case.

You're over thinking this.

The Marlins have always said it was only for BP, they've never said it was a regular game alternate.

You can't make much of what the shops list it as because that's not official from the team. For example I've seen the Yankees navy BP jersey listed as a game alternate online too but there's no way the Yankees ever designated it as a game alternate. Also the 2012 Marlins orange cap was listed on the MLB shop as the road cap and that was never the case.

Might be.

I just don’t like the idea of relegating one of the best jersey concepts to BP when it’s sold as a retail authentic for a retail authentic price made out of the retail authentic materials when Authentic BP jerseys were sold for half of that . It’s the OCD in me as a completionist of Authentics. It’s wierd I know. Don’t do the replicas.

Anything from our previous logo tenure is a sore subject to me especially that orange hat. That was the biggest waste of a good idea ever. Was hoping that mindset would change with new ownership but so far the best I’d given a back seat again.

You're mixing up BP and ST jerseys with the 3/4 sleeve warm up tops. The warm up tops are different materials but the recent BP ST jerseys are the same materials as regular jerseys, that's why they're sold for the same prices. For the teams there's a different designation between BP ST and regular game jerseys but for the shops they're the same.

Just to clarify... in the past Batting Practice tops and Spring Training specific jerseys were of a cheaper lighter and otherwise different material than authentic regular game jerseys.

In 2017 teams stil had BP tops but the ST jerseys that season became the same quality and material of regular game jerseys.

In 2019 most, if not all, teams completely dropped their BP tops and the ST jersey became their BP tops, meaning that now BP, ST, and regular game jerseys are all of the same higher quality material.

The currently branded Marlins uniforms have never had a warmup or BP ST jersey of the lesser materials.