Comments from Bruce Sherman

Admin

Florida minimum wage is $8.46 per hour. If you expect Jonathan Villar to work for 10 days, assuming 8 hour work days, even if he waives his right to overtime pay, you're still looking at $676.80, so your idea of offering him $300 for 10 days of work is grotesque and honestly pretty offensive. Would you make the same offer to, say, Brian Anderson or Caleb Smith?

giphy.gif

Yep, Bruce said all the right things there. I especially like the part about not interfering with his underlings. That's a excellent attitude to have as an owner of a sports team. (I wish the Florida Panthers ownership had taken that attitude 4 years ago. But I digress.)

And I like the dig he took at Loria. Positive things said about Florida, yep, he's checking off all of the good boxes for ownership IMO.

• Like 2

I don't remember if it was covered before, but I liked that he mentioned wanting fans from Palm Beach and Broward counties. They've seemed to do nothing but exclusively pandering to Miami and all things Latin. So it'd be nice to see if they'd try to draw more fans from those two counties.

I don't remember if it was covered before, but I liked that he mentioned wanting fans from Palm Beach and Broward counties. They've seemed to do nothing but exclusively pandering to Miami and all things Latin. So it'd be nice to see if they'd try to draw more fans from those two counties.

I'm glad he said it but I also think that's been misunderstood since they took over. Attendance and the perception of the team were so bad that they decided to focus on the closest communities and areas first and that led to so many people saying the new ownership doesn't care about Palm Beach and Broward but they said a few times that they were gonna focus locally first and then expand from there. Maybe it took longer than expected but they've never purposely pushed those communities away.

I'm glad he said it but I also think that's been misunderstood since they took over. Attendance and the perception of the team were so bad that they decided to focus on the closest communities and areas first and that led to so many people saying the new ownership doesn't care about Palm Beach and Broward but they said a few times that they were gonna focus locally first and then expand from there. Maybe it took longer than expected but they've never purposely pushed those communities away.

I certainly get that. But when it's 99% latin pandering, it gives that impression.