Jeter speaking to media today

Admin

[MEDIA=twitter]1231985988865527811[/MEDIA]

Is this the best quote Jeter has had yet since coming here? Basically said he knows nobody really cares about a rebuild until the wins come in and that's very true.

Fans like us can experience and even enjoy the steps along the way but ultimately the wins still need to come to prove success.

I think they kind of knew this though. But they improve the other aspects so that when the team is winning, it's more enjoyable.

Yea they knew what they were doing but Jeter's words today are more in line with the thinking of the general public so saying what he said sounds a lot better than if he once again said "Well we're gonna win eventually but it takes patience and hey did you notice that our farm system is improving!?" As true as that is, it's not what the general public cares about even though it is a crucial part of creating that winner that the people want.

It's like the people only care about the result and don't wanna hear about the process even though the process is crucial to the result.

Yea they knew what they were doing but Jeter's words today are more in line with the thinking of the general public so saying what he said sounds a lot better than if he once again said "Well we're gonna win eventually but it takes patience and hey did you notice that our farm system is improving!?" As true as that is, it's not what the general public cares about even though it is a crucial part of creating that winner that the people want.

It's like the people only care about the result and don't wanna hear about the process even though the process is crucial to the result.

Oh I totally agree. This message will resonate better with people. But they can talk all they want, until they win, nothing else matters much, and that's basically what he's getting at.

He's getting more used to the role and what to say as he's gotten more comfortable and informed, which is good.

Oh I totally agree. This message will resonate better with people. But they can talk all they want, until they win, nothing else matters much, and that's basically what he's getting at.

He's getting more used to the role and what to say as he's gotten more comfortable and informed, which is good.

I like how he basically pleased everyone with yesterday's comments, both die hard fans and the casual fans and general public.