Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Jeter confirms interest in signing JT longterm

Posted (edited)

would any person in Derek Jeter’s position say, “he’s a guy we would not want to have long term”?

Besides, this has always been about.....Does JT want to be a Marlin long term after this past off season? 

Edited by DTrain
I can’t spell (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, DTrain said:

would any person in Derek Jeter’s position say, “he’s a guy we would not want to have long term”?

Besides, this has always been about.....Does JT want to be a Marlin Kong term after this past off season? 

Positivity police have arrived quickly.

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Positivity police have arrived quickly.

I’m covering the late shift tonight

"Jakey T, any interest in being a Marlin for a long time?"

"lolno"

"Okay"

"Quick, release a statement that we really want to keep CJ for as long as possible. Use a buzz term like 'build around'"

"Whom?"

"The guy with the letters"

"Okay, DJ"

13 hours ago, DTrain said:

Besides, this has always been about.....Does JT want to be a Marlin long term after this past off season? 

We can never know for sure but I would think his feelings about the club have evolved since December.  He’s had the opportunity to be around the new front office and play a season with the revamped roster.   Certainly he may still want to go but when he was at home in the winter watching his close friends get traded by people he had never met I would imagine that he wanted out for sure.  What would entice him to stay?  That is very difficult to answer.   It really depends on how much he trusts the front office and how he feels about the progress of the build 

hows that for an obvious comment