Sign in to follow this  
THRILLHO

Players Weekend

Jarlin the Marlin is a cool nickname, but overall the Marlins don't have too many good ones.

Brad Boxberger wins the whole weekend, with Shane Bieber a close second. 

30 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

love the hat

I like the color way a lot, but I prefer the older, larger logo. This new one just looks too small, still looks like something is off about it.

I don’t like when blue is matched against black on a uniform.  Personal preference 

In a vacuum the cap is fine but I don't like that the cap looks like the fathers day cap from this year and that the cap (blue and black) doesn't match the jersey which is blue and orange. 

I prefer last years cap way more and actually bought one and wear it often.

In general the players weekend is silly anyways. I'm usually very forgiving with these money making promotional things here and there but this one may be my least favorite by far.  

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

In a vacuum the cap is fine but I don't like that the cap looks like the fathers day cap from this year and that the cap (blue and black) doesn't match the jersey which is blue and orange. 

I prefer last years cap way more and actually bought one and wear it often.

In general the players weekend is silly anyways. I'm usually very forgiving with these money making promotional things here and there but this one may be my least favorite by far.  

I like the nicknames and seeing MLB loosen up on some of its more asinine "rules"

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

I like the nicknames and seeing MLB loosen up on some of its more asinine "rules"

I don't mind the nicknames actually and some of the jersey and cap designs.

What bugs me is the goofy over the top designs the players wear on their gear. It's good to loosen those rules but some of the players purposely wore every color in existence and it looked gaudy.

It's like when a kid is allowed to dress themselves and wears two different socks, red shorts, blue shoes, a rainbow striped shirt, a top hat, dishwashing gloves, a Halloween mask, and a superhero cape... yeah it allows them free choices but its usually ugly looking. Drives me nuts. 

Also, while some of MLBs rules on gear are ridiculous its not like players don't violate them all the time. I'm so sick of seeing Ozuna and Cespedes with their neon green arm sleeves. Let me know where neon green is listed as a team color of the Cardinals or Mets. 

Here's a preview of the players weekend...

1533900053623.jpg

Edited by SilverBullet (see edit history)

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

What bugs me is the goofy over the top designs the players wear on their gear. It's good to loosen those rules but some of the players purposely wore every color in existence and it looked gaudy.

It's like when a kid is allowed to dress themselves and wears two different socks, red shorts, blue shoes, a rainbow striped shirt, a top hat, dishwashing gloves, a Halloween mask, and a superhero cape... yeah it allows them free choices but its usually ugly looking. Drives me nuts. 

Also, while some of MLBs rules on gear are ridiculous its not like players don't violate them all the time. I'm so sick of seeing Ozuna and Cespedes with their neon green arm sleeves. Let me know where neon green is listed as a team color of the Cardinals or Mets. 

1533900053623.jpg

S

W

A

G

S

W

A

G

S

W

A

G

6 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

1533900053623.jpg

Salty