Sign in to follow this  
HanleyDavidson

Bour traded to Phillies.

Honestly I don't really know how to feel about this trade. Think we sold pretty low on him but we'll see how he does with the Phillies. We have no power in this lineup now... not that it matters. Guess he just wasn't in our plans long-term. And hefty power first basemen don't usually get better in their 30's so... maybe this really was the time to cut bait. I still think we would've been better off hoping for a rebound and trading him in the offseason or before the deadline next year. But oh well.  

27 minutes ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

BRO I LIKE THIS TRADE! 

39CA2C73-366D-455B-9661-8D14AB80A0B2.png

not much to like about a 22 year old being average in A+

Only issue I have is that Bour is a fan favorite (and we don't have very many of those) and we seem to be getting nothing in return - just a flyer on a long term guy. 

Well good to see the Marlins failed to get a top 30 prospect for a serviceable player, not really sure what this trade accomplishes, but a sub.500 career pitcher with 4.00 ERA seems like the Marlins kinda guy

• Like 1

I think they were going to non tender him so once philly claimed him, their hands became tied. It was take what they could get or lose him for nothing now or in off-season.

the question is do you think he should have been tendered or not.

The team telegraphed this. They said they want to get Brinson, Cooper and Sierra 100 AB each the rest of the way. Only way that could happen is to have Cooper play 1B most of the time.

a year ago the Phils got him for Howie Kendrick fwiw and here was Sickels write-up on him at the time.

minorleagueball

The Nationals drafted Mills in the 18th round in 2014 from high school in Marietta, Georgia. After some initial struggles in rookie ball he took a step forward in 2016, posting a 3.71 ERA in 53 innings in the New York-Penn League with a 46/28 K/BB. 2017 has been even better: 12-2, 3.01 ERA in 18 starts, 105 innings in Low-A with a 118/22 K/BB.

Mills is listed at 6-4, 205, born November 19, 1995. As noted he’s in the midst of a breakout season with substantial gains in all metrics. His fastball has increased from the upper-80s when he signed into the lower-90s now, and both his curveball and change-up flash above-average. He’s cut his walk rate in half compared to last year thanks to improved mechanics.

Mills is a fly ball pitcher and can be vulnerable to home runs when he makes a location mistake, but overall he’s improved remarkably over the last two years and is a nice acquisition for the Phillies.

So there was maybe still some sleeper potential at the time but he really didn't wow in 2018.