dissapointing off-season

Marlins04

its not over yet but we havent made a big move or a good move yet. and now the GM saids no to vlad or lopez D@mn this is looking bad

We kept Lowell.

We kept Castillo.

We kept AJ.

The core is together.

We haven't made a good move yet?

Dumping Lee's 7 million dollar a** for a tremendous prospect.

Giving the 6th starter, Redman, for a setup man, Neu?

Signing a dominator in Benitez?

Go watch the Dolphins you bandwagoner!

Hardly disappointing...

Resigned Lowell and Castillo, who both could of been gone - Made a respectable run at Pudge, who apparently forgot his free agent fishing expedition last season and insists on doing it again.

It only seems like a disappointing off-season when you start having pie in the sky dreams like signing Vlad....

Guest marlins02

you gotta love this, dont get a superstar in free agency and lose a couple of players and its a horrible off-season :rolleyes: . i was dissapointed when Red was traded even though i expected it because it was another name gone, but looking at the roster overall im pretty satisfied. the OF is strong, so is the IF, the only ? is Choi but you have to be confident, he had a great couple of months last season until he ran into Wood in hte Yankee game in July. hopefully the whole castro situation will work out. the rotation is pretty much the same, it looks like Burnett will comeback and from what i read in the sentinel i think today, his new ligament is stronger than expected. the BP doesnt look as bad as it did a while ago with Benitez and Neu (im confident he'll be a good addition), i just wish we could find a lefty but overall things look pretty good.

We kept Lowell.

We kept Castillo.

We kept AJ.

The core is together.

We haven't made a good move yet?

Dumping Lee's 7 million dollar a** for a tremendous prospect.

Giving the 6th starter, Redman, for a setup man, Neu?

Signing a dominator in Benitez?

Go watch the Dolphins you bandwagoner!

I agree with everything you said.

we need a miracle for vlad

Vlad was a dream hatched by a few. If we don't land him, the world does not end. It would have been nice, and it still isn't over. But get a grip and root for the name on the front.

Vlad doesn't fix all our problems...

yup-hes only 1 person... :) amen

I mean, I wanted Vlad just as much as the next person but I realized too that there are other things that are more significant.

If we got Vlad, we would have NOO money for bullpen help or anything. And remember, pitching wins games :whistle

the reason why vlad was important was because we would show the fans we have a big name player for 2 years in a row 2003-pudge 2004-vlad.

i know he is only one player but the city officials could have even maybe be changed if we would get vlad. he is one player but it could have been the first player from the marlins to start in an all-star game since 1997 which i think alou or charles johnson started. he could be a 40-40 man or atleast 35 homers 115 rbis and .320 average

the reason why vlad was important was because we would show the fans we have a big name player for 2 years in a row 2003-pudge 2004-vlad.

i know he is only one player but the city officials could have even maybe be changed if we would get vlad. he is one player but it could have been the first player from the marlins to start in an all-star game since 1997 which i think alou or charles johnson started. he could be a 40-40 man or atleast 35 homers 115 rbis and .320 average

Pudge didnt have a GREAT year last year...so we dont need a great player...we won the WS without one player playing much better than the rest...

Guest marlins02

Pudge didnt have a GREAT year last year...so we dont need a great player...we won the WS without one player playing much better than the rest... didnt you once say to overspend on pudge if they needed to?

the reason why vlad was important was because we would? show the fans we have a big name player for 2 years in a row 2003-pudge 2004-vlad.

i know he is only one player but the city officials could have even maybe be changed if we would get vlad. he is one player but it could have been the first player from the marlins to start in an all-star game since 1997 which i think alou or charles johnson started. he could be a 40-40 man? or atleast 35 homers 115 rbis and .320 average

Pudge didnt have a GREAT year last year...so we dont need a great player...we won the WS without one player playing much better than the rest... didnt you once say to overspend on pudge if they needed to? not 10 mill per year...and if we paid him 10 mill per year-not for 5 years...

its not over yet but we havent made a big move or a good move yet. and now the GM saids no to vlad or lopez D@mn this is looking bad

Oh please. We kept the improtant players. Beckett, Pierre, Lowell, Castillo, AJ, Dontrelle, Conine are important, Lee, Encarnacion, Redman, and Pudge, we're all good, but through-out the REGULAR season, they were just role-players. Pierre and Castillo would make any number 3 hitter look good and Pudge didn't hit .300 until the end of the season. He had a good post-season, but didn't do CRAP for the most part in the Regualr Season. Derrek Lee had a low average and never changed his aprroach and always made long outs. Plus he struck out a lot. Redman just plain DIED in the second half and Encarnacion wasn't that special. Cabrera can easily replace Encarnacion in right and Choi will be better than Lee in a few years. Castro still has to work on some things but everyone knows he'll be great and we didn't need Redman because we're getting AJ back. We saved a lot of money this offseason with working with what we got instead of going for big name free agents. No one thought we'd even make the play-offs with our 2003 roster and we did. And we won the World Series. Don't doubt McKeon.

People care about winning... not because we have Vlad or not... it was proved with Pudge. No one came to watch until we won.

How about the World Series MVP? How about the Rookie of the Year? How about the most talked about 20 year old in baseball? How about the Manager of the Year? How about two new relievers, one to relate to the latinos and one to relate to the Canes fans (I can relate to both :D ). How about the best 3B in the Game? How about the most electric player IMO in the game playing CF? Or the most sought after and best all around 2B in the game? Or maybe Mr. Marlin will do it for you? The list goes on and on.....

How about the World Series MVP? How about the Rookie of the Year? How about the most talked about 20 year old in baseball? How about the Manager of the Year? How about two new relievers, one to relate to the latinos and one to relate to the Canes fans (I can relate to both :D ). How about the best 3B in the Game? How about the most electric player IMO in the game playing CF? Or the most sought after and best all around 2B in the game? Or maybe Mr. Marlin will do it for you? The list goes on and on..... We WILL be competetive next season.

If this team right now is the final product, we will be in the playoff race.