Clevelander removed from Marlins Park

SonOfJack

CheapJeter couldn't afford funeral for Mermaids so buried them under Miami staple Clevelander pool and covered it in cement as a mass grave sources say Manatees possibly in there as well

nah, the racing mascots are buried under there.

(side note, I think that's one thing they should have kept - it was something fun and got everyone excited, especially toward the end of a bad game), and the kids liked it too.

Not sure if you guys saw this news this morning:

In related news, Jeter unveils the Clevelander replacement - a massive fish tank with a real live marlin. Reports say the marlin - known as "Bill", a play on the Marlins' mascot "Billy" - has been trained to jump out of the water upon a home run being hit.

This move shows Jeter's complete plan after the home run sculpture was re-constructed outside during this offseason.

Please tell me that that on the eve of our eventual World Series game that someone will steal the Marlin and Jeter will hire an eccentric private detective to sniff out the thief.

Dang the roof has not aged well but that’s to be expected.

That post is exaggerated. I've noticed the weathering and color changes of the roof several times over the years but I've also noticed them cleaning it off as well. I'm sure that will be gone opening day, anyone thinking that is 8 years of weathering that won't be removed is wrong.

The pool was a stupid Gimmick created by those two tosspots loria and samson, glad its gone, use the space for a batting cage or something else. I wish they would get rid of that other stupid Gimmick behind homeplate, the fish tanks. Just bc our name is the Marlins doesnt mean we have to hang fish everywhere in the stadium.

• Like 1

The pool was a stupid Gimmick created by those two tosspots loria and samson, glad its gone, use the space for a batting cage or something else. I wish they would get rid of that other stupid Gimmick behind homeplate, the fish tanks. Just bc our name is the Marlins doesnt mean we have to hang fish everywhere in the stadium.

What's stupid about the fish tanks? If done right that can be a beautiful thing.

• Like 1

That post is exaggerated. I've noticed the weathering and color changes of the roof several times over the years but I've also noticed them cleaning it off as well. I'm sure that will be gone opening day, anyone thinking that is 8 years of weathering that won't be removed is wrong.

Yeah, weird, I drove past there last week, and I don't remember it looking that bad. But yeah, I've seen it look bad in the past and they've cleaned it up. I'm sure they will clean it again.

I'm not bothered by the pool being removed, but I disagree with you on the fish tanks, those are a great and unique feature of the park, and I don't think it's tacky at all. I think it's actually one of the more tasteful things Loria did in the park. In fact, (and I might've mentioned it in this thread), I'd advocate them putting a larger fish tank somewhere in the main promenade area for kids and people to go look at.

• Like 2

Yeah, weird, I drove past there last week, and I don't remember it looking that bad. But yeah, I've seen it look bad in the past and they've cleaned it up. I'm sure they will clean it again.

I'm not bothered by the pool being removed, but I disagree with you on the fish tanks, those are a great and unique feature of the park, and I don't think it's tacky at all. I think it's actually one of the more tasteful things Loria did in the park. In fact, (and I might've mentioned it in this thread), I'd advocate them putting a larger fish tank somewhere in the main promenade area for kids and people to go look at.

Perhaps in an area that can't be hit by baseballs?

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.