6 more cuts from big-league camp

SonOfJack

Yes, exactly. These moves were of course expected and were made since minor league camp is getting underway.

It amazes me every year how the roster is 25 guys (now 26 of course) and you'll have a few who go on the DL so at most 30 people make the opening day roster and beyond that 30 there's about no more than 10 candidates with a real shot at making the team so that would be about 40 guys with a chance... yet spring training rosters are always around 65 guys. And yes I know there are minor leaguers who do deserve and need the experience of big league camp but come on now, let's not act like all 65 guys have a shot at the roster.

I'm not. No one wants to hear it but service time manipulation is still a thing AND we have enough major league ready outfielders as it is. With Dickerson, Joyce, Villar/Anderson, and whoever else, Monte at best is a bench outfielder on opening day and there is no point in that. If Monte is ready then I say wait until they're ready to make him a starter.

• Like 1

I'm not. No one wants to hear it but service time manipulation is still a thing AND we have enough major league ready outfielders as it is. With Dickerson, Joyce, Villar/Anderson, and whoever else, Monte at best is a bench outfielder on opening day and there is no point in that. If Monte is ready then I say wait until they're ready to make him a starter.

I would assume he would only make the team as a starter, I wouldn't want him on the team in any other role either.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.