• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
taiwanmarlin

Wei-Yin

On Saturday, September 15, 2018 at 7:45 AM, CyggyMarlin said:

Pitching like shit tonight...how many more starts do we have to sit through with this guy?

But what to do with the BEST home games record among all MLB SPs ?

I think the only solution to his drastic home road split was a "new season",in a whole new 2019 season maybe everything would be different.

I think it's just like another kind of "career season" to Chen,a season with a "beyond expectation" great home record and a "not as expected" terrible road record,so in a rebuilding season how about let's say "thank you,Chen" to his great home games and not say "fuck you,Chen" to his terrible road games. 

"$16M Vesting Option. Option vests if he has 180 innings pitched in 2020 or 360 IP in 2019-20"

Chen's contract have this "vesting option", so I think it's impossible he would be a SP in the 2020 season if he's still a Marlins, right ?

12 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

"$16M Vesting Option. Option vests if he has 180 innings pitched in 2020 or 360 IP in 2019-20"

Chen's contract have this "vesting option", so I think it's impossible he would be a SP in the 2020 season if he's still a Marlins, right ?

They can't prevent him from pitching unless he's injured if that's what you're getting at. 

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

They can't prevent him from pitching unless he's injured if that's what you're getting at. 

I mean this team wouldn't start him and prevent him to reach the total innings that needed in the "vesting option".

3 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I mean this team wouldn't start him and prevent him to reach the total innings that needed in the "vesting option".

And like @SilverBulletsaid they can't do that, they'd lose a union fight if they tried.

16 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

And like @SilverBulletsaid they can't do that, they'd lose a union fight if they tried.

You mean this team can't transfer him to a relief pitcher to reduce his total pitched innings ? 

5 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

You mean this team can't transfer him to a relief pitcher to reduce his total pitched innings ? 

They'd need a legit reason for preventing him from reaching his IP or he'll file a grievance and likely win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

You know that he's going to be perfectly healthy the next two seasons and make that option vest.  That's Marlins luck.