• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
taiwanmarlin

Wei-Yin

Just now, rmc523 said:

You know that he's going to be perfectly healthy the next two seasons and make that option vest.  That's Marlins luck.

I actually don't think Chen can get any worse. I think he's gonna have a couple of decent seasons from here on out. 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

I actually don't think Chen can get any worse. I think he's gonna have a couple of decent seasons from here on out. 

I agree.  I just think it's funny that he's going to wind up performing to expectations when it doesn't matter (compared to when we needed him to do better with the previous core), and when it results in us having to pay him more. lol!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I think Chen would got that 2021 vest option and that 16MM salary if he's healthy enough.

Yeah it isn't a difficult one if healthy.

9 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Maybe he's an important SP in our contending 2021 season.

We can hope.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 11:19 PM, SilverBullet said:

2021 Marlins playoffs MVP ?

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 8:53 PM, SonOfJack said:

They'd need a legit reason for preventing him from reaching his IP or he'll file a grievance and likely win.

I know it's an option that in favor of the players, but I don't believe a player would win the grievance with the ERA over 10 or the BA under .200, right ?

6 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I know it's an option that in favor of the players, but I don't believe a player would win the grievance with the ERA over 10 or the BA under .200, right ?

That would be a legit reason for reduced playing time so the team would likely win if the player tried to file a grievance.