• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Bret Hart

Henry Cavill will leave Warner' DC Universe

On 9/12/2018 at 9:09 AM, SilverBullet said:

DCEU won't last a decade at this rate. What a mess compared to Marvel, not to mention all the bad movies already. 

this is so true. DC (outside of Nolan's Batman) is hot trash.

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

this is so true. DC (outside of Nolan's Batman) is hot trash.

Yea and Nolan's Batman doesn't even count in the DCU so can't even use it in their defense. I liked Man of Steel to an extent and I'd say Wonder Woman was generally good but Batman vs Superman and Justice League were both so bad they were painful to watch. 

On 9/13/2018 at 6:37 PM, SilverBullet said:

Yea and Nolan's Batman doesn't even count in the DCU so can't even use it in their defense. I liked Man of Steel to an extent and I'd say Wonder Woman was generally good but Batman vs Superman and Justice League were both so bad they were painful to watch. 

I believe Wonder Woman was aided by having Wonder Woman be an impossibly hot chick.  Just my 0.02 Sir.  Their movies just don't have an "edge" I guess?  There's very little humor and the characters just seem so wooden and stoic for the most part - not a recipe for success in the modern world of movie cinema.

Yeah, DC is losing this fight with Marvel in the movie category. They need to just start from scratch. Bring in the right people to make their films.

Edited by Mr. Man (see edit history)

On 9/13/2018 at 9:37 PM, SilverBullet said:

On 9/14/2018 at 10:29 PM, hovertical said:

I believe Wonder Woman was aided by having Wonder Woman be an impossibly hot chick.  Just my 0.02 Sir.  Their movies just don't have an "edge" I guess?  There's very little humor and the characters just seem so wooden and stoic for the most part - not a recipe for success in the modern world of movie cinema.

The movies have also had a very dark feel too, which isn't how Superman should be.  I didn't mind Man of Steel, but Batman vs. Superman seemed odd.

I liked Wonder Woman.  Aquaman will be out soon, so we'll see if that has hope for resurrecting the DCU.

Justice League seemed like it was hastily thrown together (QUICK!  Look how the Avengers did, let's do the same!) without having a history built for the main characters.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:31 PM, Mr. Man said:

Yeah, DC is losing this fight with Marvel in the movie category. They need to just start from scratch. Bring in the right people to make their films.

There was talk of James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy movies) moving over to DC.