Sign in to follow this  
Bazen

Victor Victor cleared

6 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

V.V. would have a showcase for all 30 teams in the Dominican republic in the next month,so don't think he would signing any contract before that due to needs to showing some respect to that "showcase", but it's also weird to need this showcase because it's not like every team could increases their offers freely after this showcase due to the pool money limit.

Teams would prefer to use their own organization's evaluators in person before committing millions of dollars to any player. That's why the showcase is done. Its not like teams are gonna make their final decisions on these guys based off rumors, online articles, SportsCenter highlights, and YouTube videos alone.

It's like buying a car... you may have seen the commercial and your coworker may have told u the car was great but you still go take the car for a test drive before purchasing it. 

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Teams would prefer to use their own organization's evaluators in person before committing millions of dollars to any player. That's why the showcase is done. Its not like teams are gonna make their final decisions on these guys based off rumors, online articles, SportsCenter highlights, and YouTube videos alone.

It's like buying a car... you may have seen the commercial and your coworker may have told u the car was great but you still go take the car for a test drive before purchasing it. 

My point was this is a showcase for a international prospect that needs the "limited pool money" to sign,so the showcase may meaningless to some teams with very low amount of that pool money…

On 9/14/2018 at 3:10 PM, SilverBullet said:

Jokes aside I would like a serious explanation as to how this Victor Victor guy was named. I've seen plenty of weird things with Hispanic names but I've never seen a name straight up doubled up like that. 

Victor Victor is a Dominican artist who sang "Mesita de Noche" (bedside table) a bachata which became very popular in Cuba in late 80's and early 90's. Surely, father Victor Mesa, a flashy center fielder for Villa Clara at the time, considered this to name his son. There is a comparable case of another even more popular Mexican bolero and love songs singer Jose Jose. Known as "El Principe de la Canción", Jose Jose became popular in the island by the late 70's.