SilverBullet

Is the 2018 team worse than the 1998 team?

Not by win loss record but by run differential the 2018 team could surpass the 98 team...

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article218196295.html

Interesting article but it makes for great conversation... what's a better gauge? Win loss record or run differential? Also interesting, if you remove the blowout losses the 2018 team has been pretty good in close games so that could stand for something too.

Who do you truly think is worse? 

1998 team was worse just from my viewpoint as a fan, I was a big fan back then as well and remember it well.

To answer your question, I'm not sure because a few blowout games can really skew the differential.

The 98 team had many future stars and way better, more exciting prospects. We also had Leyland as manager and some of the stars like sheff, Bonilla, etc for part of the season. We even had Piazza for a 3 days. You had reasons to watch that team for drama reasons at least. This 2018 team is just a huge dumpster ?. Hardly any trades happened and the front office has nothing to work with. Dombrowski did not disappoint!

• Like 1

A lot of close game losses this year because the bullpen blew the lead and gave up just enough to lose (See last night's game for a good example of this or the 4-3 loss to the Mets - Bearclaw's back to back HR fuck-up)

2 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

A lot of close game losses this year because the bullpen blew the lead and gave up just enough to lose (See last night's game for a good example of this or the 4-3 loss to the Mets - Bearclaw's back to back HR fuck-up)

aka wins they would've had, I don't recall the 1998 team being close to wins and losing often but I may remember wrong.

2018 team is rock bottom.  Watching today's game, they look really bad.  Pivetta is gonna get the single gane K record with his current pace and shitty line-up Don is using

• Like 1

I know this is an intangible thing but I think the 98 team coming off a championship is worse. What a disappointment. The 2018 team has been bad but they were bad for 8 seasons before this too.

Falling from the top of a building to the floor is worse than falling from your doorstep to the floor. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I know this is an intangible thing but I think the 98 team coming off a championship is worse. What a disappointment. The 2018 team has been bad but they were bad for 8 seasons before this too.

Falling from the top of a building to the floor is worse than falling from your doorstep to the floor. 

Not sure which is worst to be honest, a bad season after winning it all or a bad season after 15 years of no playoffs and it looks to continue that way...